+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Hi everyone I am Allie and i am 32 years old from Scotland. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Allie

Hi, Allie. So, what brings you to LF?
    Speak less. Say more.

Alli, welcome to LF.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

My. Up early for a Saturday, aren't we, Asip? Oh. But then it could be evening where you are.
    Speak less. Say more.

Well it's 8am Hayward...I thought why not change my routine of getting up at noon.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I awoke at 3:30 AM today for some reason. Couldn't get back to sleep. Think my muse is having at me.
    Speak less. Say more.

Hi Allie,
    Always wanted to go visit Scotland. Did my senior paper on Glamis Castle...have Scottish ancestry waaaaay back...(I'm an incredicle geneology geek..lol)

Anyway...welcome...hope you stay awhile.

and guys....I've been up since 6:30am...usually wake up at 5:19 am during the week for work...can't seem to sleep late....poor poor pitiful me!
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Approaching Holidays anxiety, perhaps.
    Speak less. Say more.

Maybe...not so much just the holidays...but my birthday too....(and yours two weeks behind it...lol...same day as my brothers...)...and my birthday will be the 7th anniversary of Joe's suicide....I'd love to say it's gotten easier...but in many ways...it hasn't. And I really can't talk about it to anyone...more my own fault than anything....I always have loved Christmas....and Thanksgiving was always a big family reunion...and I've spent it alone the past three years...and will again...daughter goes with her father to his family...it's how she always spent it...and most of the 'old guard' of the family has past...find myself in that position...and I get invited places...just too much effort without my child...

dang....where the heck did that all come from???? I'd delete it...makes me vunerable...and yet...it makes me me....so I'll leave it....for now anyway.
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Shit. That's not fun. I feel for you, VG. In my own way. Never having been at all close to my family, and awful things having always happened around the holidays (due mostly to alcohol), I've ALWAYS viewed the holidays with great apprehension and a poignant yearning it could be otherwise. More like the holidays you may have had before the suicide, or the kind you see on these sappy holiday specials they thrust up over TV for weeks on end (just making the pins dig deeper for me). That my birthday falls three days after Christmas has never been any help, either.

You've got my email. Give me a hollar if you wanna vent, lean or whatever over the next weeks. I'll, probably, be experiencing my "holidays" much the same as you might be yours.

::hugs::
    Speak less. Say more.

Hi, Allie!! Welcome to the boards. I woke up at 6:15, for which I am grateful since I have been getting up at 5:00 since the time change. Also, I love Thanksgiving! It is the best holiday to cook for (lowest amount of stress).

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HI Allie!, Welcome To LF!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm wondering, what does the 10 represent??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

The ten represents nothing. Instead of choosing another name just added 10.
    Allie

Tone Guest
    Hello Allie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast