+ Follow This Topic

Thread: True love

True love

Hello everyone and happpy holidays to you all.

I've got a question that I can't find an answer to on my own, but I hope some of you here might give me a share of your own expiriences to help answer it.

Is it possible to expirience true love more than once in a life time?

It is hard to define true love, but I was lead to believe that you know when it happens. It's a feeling of being in the same wave-lenght with another person, so to speak. It's hard to explain with words, but it is really magnificent, those who have been in love know that. But what if something happens and it doesn't work out on the end? Does that mean:

1) It was love, but the opportunity was somehow missed, and that's it
    2) It was love, it didn't work out for a reason, but it might still happen with a different person too
    3) It wasn't love, you just think it is, but true love is somehow different

What I think is, 1) is kid of cruel hah, 2) is possible but I want to know if that kind of connection is likely to happen more than once, 3) is also possible, but then it's really really hard to distungiush what is real love and what isn't.

What are your opinions?

Yes of course...but it's up to you to make to effort to put yourself out there, be a positive person, and to focus on making life better for yourself, socially and economically.

ofcourse you can find true love more than once. There are 7 billion people in this world, it's not like your soul mate is that one person out of the 7 billion.....but there are those people that are more compatible with you than others. One person may find true love at 20 yrs old, marry her....and then 20 years later get a divorce and find another true love. Take one moment at a time and live life to the fullest.

Yes, I believe true love can happen more than once in a lifetime. I think love is based on emotions, and compatibility. The more compatible you two are, the stronger and longer lasting the love. Love always fades, but it comes back more easily (with actions) when you are very compatible.

I thought I had "true love" when I was 18, but that was mostly hormones. I thought I was in love when I got married, but that didn't work out. But yes, if you search long and smart enough, you can find that love again. But first you must know yourself before you can find someone who is truly compatible with you. For me, one of the most important items was my partner most be not just tolerant of my differences, but must be fine and content with them, even supportive of my differences. And I must be the same way. I must deal with my emotional baggage so I can get to a point where I am content with them being a little different.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)