+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GF Flirting With Other Guys

GF Flirting With Other Guys

I'm a guy seeing this girl and she is in rehab for alcoholism. She's my GF and I visit her every couple days after work. There's a few guys there as well. I notice when I am visiting her, she will call other guys sweetie, cutie, and baby. I told her I didn't like her calling one of the guys baby. She literally said, "we love you baby" to some guy right in front of me. Not a big deal for a one time thing for me. I told her I didn't like it. A couple days later when I am visiting she calls this same guy cutie. She laughs at him and just acts flirty. Then there is this other guy and as we were walking outside together and passed the guy up, my GF scratched this guy's back as she walked past. Why is she continuing to do all of this in front of me? I think it's disrespectful because I'd NEVER call another girl "baby" "cutie" "sweetie" or touch another girl at all while I am already taken and have a GF, especially with my GF walking next to me. I think she likes these guys. She said the guys flirt with her, but she just plays along she said and winks at them, etc. She claims she is only interested in me. Also, why would she "play along" when other guys flirt if she "only likes me"? We have been seeing each other 2 months now. She said one day one guy said he would touch her chest, so my GF said "I dare you". Sure enough, the guy did. Why would she even dare him in the first place? Then, today she was rubbing this same guys head because he just shaved it. She said she didn't like him and that he's gross, yet hangs around him and asked to rub his head. She seems way to flirty around these other guys. I honestly think I should break up with her, because I simply don't trust her and she is being disrespectful to me I think. I'd never do anything like this to my GF. Never. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

dude, please do yourself a favor and let that one go.... your chain of reasoning is completely right. If you are not head over heels in love with that girl, you should "throw that one back" if you know what I mean. Not what I would call a keeper.... esp if shes in rehab... unless you are just into her for temporary pleasure. If you are looking for a long term deal, i would stay away...

the first line put me off her right away . . . she's not the girl for you, certainly you could get a non-alocholic, let alone a girl who doesn't shameless flirt with other guys.

I'm a bit torn. Most of that stuff is pretty minor league flirting. She SHOULD respect your desires, but most of it is not worth getting in an argument over. But...

But the whole "touch my chest" thing is in a whole different class.

So, you need to have a good think yourself, then a talk with her about the limits of touching others. Putting a hand on a sad friend's should - okay. Rubbing a freshly bald head - depends. "Go ahead and touch my chest" - only if you don't mind sharing her affection.

-PP

To me she sounds a little messed up, if you want a girl you feel you can trust go out and find that girl don't stick with one
    who's winding you up and flirting with other guys, she seems like she's trying to get a reaction out of you or make you
    jealous. Some girls play this trick to try get their boyfriend to lash out at other guys to show they are protective of their
    girlfriends and they are loyal, but seriously she sounds like she's just trying to tick you off. Sorry but maybe you should
    break up with her, i wouldnt like my partner doing that to me, and luckily its only been two months so I imagine its not
    such a biggie to break up with her. And in rehab for alcoholism? Yeah maybe that has something to do with it, she sounds
    pretty immature and irresponsible with her behaviour.

It's pretty disrespectful that she uses those names with other guys, and right in front of you, even. She should never do this.

But, uh, don't her problems run much deeper than this? I mean she's in rehab. She hit rock ****ing bottom. I find it sort of strange that her flirting with other guys is the problem you're most worried about. What's your deal?