+ Follow This Topic

Thread: gift idea?

gift idea?

Hello guys,
    My boyfriend's 19th birthday is in a few weeks, and I wanna do something nice for him. What would guys normally like? a cake? make a dinner for him? I know he likes guitars a lot (But I can't afford buying him a real guitar), he also likes to read and is a pretty practical person in all aspects so I'm afraid that he wouldn't appreciate expensive things. So, I really don't know what I should give him, please drop me an advice! Thanks much!!

First of all.., I just want to say.., on behalf of all men out there.., that what you're doing is very sweet and thoughtful.., it warms my heart to know that there are girls out there that take so much effort and put so much thought into gifts for their boyfriends..

Now.., you don't have to go all-out.., here is my suggestion since he likes the guitar.., instead of getting him a real guitar.. (a personal choice).., you can get him something more valuable and throughful.. (motivation to learn the guitar).., that's right.., you can get him guitar books.. go on Amazon.com and find some.., believe me.. he'll definitely appreciate the thought behind it.., especially with a well-writen card..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

haha thanks GrkScorp,I'll definitely look up some guitar books!

Oh yea, do the dinner and a cake, with a balloon too! If you know the kind of books he likes to read, go buy a few and or a gift certificate to a book store. You have the right ideas!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love getting great books as a gift. They are such thoughtful items, and they can be exchanged if the genre just isn't right. Do you know what sort of stuff he likes to read? Maybe some of us can suggest a couple of titles based on his preferred genre.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You can buy him a ticket to a sports match he likes. I have more ideas in my site. Check sig. Chill.
    No links in signatures.

for my bfs 19th birthday:

- we had dinner and then went for a walk and grabbed some ice cream on the way.

- i made him a pop up card and took him to the top of the higesht bridge in the country.

- just coz he likes books and guitars a book on guitars isn't the best gift.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

anything that shows your effort will be great. i dunno whether making stars by using straws is popular in your country, but i was really (seriously very) touched and happy when my gf made them for me (although she threw them away b4 giving it to me when we quarreled...) alot more than when she gave me a perfume for my birthday present...

If the guy already knows how to play a guitar...I don't think a guitar book would really be suitable. With any how-to book they're usually geared more towards beginners.

A cake is always nice. I hate cake but it's the gesture that they took the time to make it that's sweet. What other things does he like? Find some place where you two can go at night to see something nice. I loved doing that kind of stuff. Like going out to high places to overlook the city or seeing the sunset with ice cream or coffee, us guys like romantic stuff as well every now and then.

But a book is a good idea, and gift receipts are good things as well just incase.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas!! But as of now I still haven't figured out what to do yet. He was going to buy a new electric guitar and I would buy him an Iron Maiden anthology in that case ('cuz he's mildly a metal freak too). But his plan for that screwed and he doesn't have a guitar anymore so there's no point of getting him guitar music (though he'd love it if only he has a guitar). He also likes a good puff with nice aroma once in a while, so he might like tobacco too. Do you guys have any suggestion on what kind of flavor I should get?

Thanks again!!
    -Kidditoes

Quote Originally Posted by kidditoes View Post
    Thanks everyone for your great ideas!! But as of now I still haven't figured out what to do yet. He was going to buy a new electric guitar and I would buy him an Iron Maiden anthology in that case ('cuz he's mildly a metal freak too). But his plan for that screwed and he doesn't have a guitar anymore so there's no point of getting him guitar music (though he'd love it if only he has a guitar). He also likes a good puff with nice aroma once in a while, so he might like tobacco too. Do you guys have any suggestion on what kind of flavor I should get?

Thanks again!!
    -Kidditoes
    You should get a flavor he likes. We don't know him so we can't know what he likes, you do.

I'd advice to look into a simple but custom-made neck-chain (for example his name in gothic lettering or something along those lines) if you reckon he'd use it, some like it, some don't.

Or if you find tickets to a concert/show that he'd enjoy.

Something like that, I guess. I'm horrible at even finding out what gifts I'd want

Use a guitar cake baking pan to create a cake. Decorate with color or something for strings, sound hole and bridge. Wow, he will never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Use a guitar cake baking pan to create a cake. Decorate with color or something for strings, sound hole and bridge. Wow, he will never forget that.
    Excellent idea! My ex made me a car logo one.

I loved it!

NO GUITAR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!! Very few people who play guitar learn from guitar books... he has to have a guitar idol... a poster or a t-shirt!!