+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is two months too soon to really be in love?

Is two months too soon to really be in love?

Is it too soon for someone to be in love and actually truely mean it after two months??
    Jakki

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that all depends on the person and the type of relationship that a person is in. usually after you've experienced a few relationships, you more so know what you're looking for in a partnar and thus, it makes it easier to fall inlove. yet i still feel that two months is still too early. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    that all depends on the person and the type of relationship that a person is in. usually after you've experienced a few relationships, you more so know what you're looking for in a partnar and thus, it makes it easier to fall inlove. yet i still feel that two months is still too early. raverboy
    So u think it might just be lust??
    Jakki

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's really hard to tell.. some people quickly fall in love while others take months to say the l word. i'm not sure if it's either you or the peron that you're worried about saying i love you too early but for the most part, i would wait it out. if you feel that the other person is falling too quickly for you, then you can certainly speak your mind, but i'm guessing that it's the other way around. take a deep breath and take things slow. you're trying to rush your life, so why rush a relationship?? you have the entire life ahead in your path so what is a few more months??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

It depends what you mean by two months. Did you get together two months ago? Did you meet two months ago?

I knew I loved my partner after four days but we had been very close for the past year so it wasnt like we'd only just met or anything.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Four days after we got together, I mean
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I just met someone who is about to be proposed to after only 3 months, and she is going to say yes

Yipes if someone proposed to me that soon I'd run for the hills!!!

If you've only just met then it's likely to be lust - doesn't it take about 6 months to a year for the hormones to settle down? If you've known them for longer then it could be love.

Quote Originally Posted by cbee
    Yipes if someone proposed to me that soon I'd run for the hills!!!

If you've only just met then it's likely to be lust - doesn't it take about 6 months to a year for the hormones to settle down? If you've known them for longer then it could be love.
    So you have to wait at least six months to know whether someone truely means that they love you??
    Jakki

Quote Originally Posted by jakki2903
    So you have to wait at least six months to know whether someone truely means that they love you??
    What if you push them all the time and they are still there?? Emotionally that is, with worries??
    Jakki

I don't know if it takes 6 months, all I know is that in general biologists say that other things such as friendship, having things in common etc... become important. Before that it's more of an "is that a person of the opposite sex I see and am attracted to? Right lets go grab him!" reaction. You don't think about it as much.

If you've been friends before you got together then it's more likely that when that hormonal surge dies down that love will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by jakki2903
    What if you push them all the time and they are still there?? Emotionally that is, with worries??
    Is this to do with your other post? DO you think you are pushing your b/friend too hard about that texting thing?

love takes years to develop

Love isn't biology or statistics.. you KNOW when youre in love... dont let anybody tell you...

It can happen after a few minutes... or a few years, there's no set time period.

But if you have to ask that kind of thing on a forum, then if youre questining it, you're not...

Give it time,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by crEA-tEch
    Love isn't biology or statistics.. you KNOW when youre in love... dont let anybody tell you...

It can happen after a few minutes... or a few years, there's no set time period.

But if you have to ask that kind of thing on a forum, then if youre questining it, you're not...

Give it time,
    Nick
    I do love him, and now don't question his love. I thank you for your response, it's the most truest description of the way I see it too.

I've just been told in the past those three little words after a few weeks then after a few more weeks, that's it, it's all over. He says I am the one for him and that he's been waiting all his life for me. He introduced me to his family this weekend. I am a bit more sceptical about him meeting mine, because I feel it would be too soon. He's a great bloke.
    Jakki

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDream
    I just met someone who is about to be proposed to after only 3 months, and she is going to say yes
    I know someone who proposed after six days. She said yes.

They never got married in the end though - he wanted to wait awhile and she wanted to get married straight away so they split.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast