+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need answers... is this the end?

I need answers... is this the end?

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years. We've lived together for about a year now, and everything was going wonderfully! Suddenly, a few weeks after we began discussing marriage and the idea of elopeing (a wedding is just not in the cards right now), he broke up with me, without any real explanation. He called me one night (this was a few days ago; he is living a few hours away for a couple more weeks, but then he'll be home) and told me he didn't want to be with me anymore. However, when I text him a day later a asked if we could talk, he said, "We can talk about this when I get back in 3 weeks. I just need time time think about what I really want. I hope that's okay with you."
    Maybe I'm crazy, but it doesn't seem like he really wants to end it. He still texts me every day, and he is always sure to say things that remind us of our relationship. Like last night, when I gave him the password to my spotify account, because I know that he's put most of the music on there, and I don't want him to b without that while he's working all day (he's doing biomedical research for the summer.) He responded by saying, "You know how much I love music ". It was a simple but sweet text that brought up a thing that we really have in common, and something we've bonded over since the beginning.
    He also said that it would be nice for me to come down for his research presentation, and if I could drive him home from there. He could get get ride from someone else, but he seems to want me there. He said he'll let me know, after he has time to think about it. But it wasn't just an 'idk' response.
    It seems like he's just afraid to commit to this relationship forever. Which is fine! But I don't want it to end because he's afraid or unsure. I want want work through this, because our relationship is amazing, and we've grow so much together. We've set lifelong goals with each other in mind. This can't be the end, can it?

Just tell him marriage is off the table, if that's the issue. From my experience when someone totally drops you out of nowhere, it usually means they cheated and are a coward not to tell you but rather just dump and run so as to not face the consequences.

My ex did that to me. He still communicated a little, seemed like he still wanted to be with me, but pushed me away. I was sooooo confused. It turned out he got drunk and slept with someone.
    Last edited by hazey daisy; 02-07-16 at 07:22 AM.

I asked him if he cheated, and he swore he didn't. He's never lied to me before, and I can't imagine that he'd start now. On top of that, the people that he's living with this summer really like me, and I can't imagine they'd let him get away with something like that. But idk. I guess I'll wait and see.