+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this pointless

is this pointless

hey everybody,

i need some advice according to my current relationship, its a very complicated one and i know many people wont understand how such a love can actually exist. But keep reading i'm sure you'll find it interesting and that u will give me some good advice.

See i learn to know this boy on the internet, and i know him for 2 years now. He is my boyfriend from the 1st of January now. We work great and its all big big big love, sounds like a perfect fairy tale isn't it? Well it ain't, according that he lives in Sweden and i live in Belgium. We make this thing work to commit ourselves to talk to each other every single day on skype and messenger.

And i love him so much, because he seems like my twinsoul. I mean our connection is higher than some people will ever experience. I cant explain you how this love can exist. But i am miserable without him.

Now i want to know do you think this long distance love can survive. I believe with all my heart it can, because the only person i see myself love is him. I cant image myself without him and i feel terrified of losing this person.

Sometimes we do have argues like every other person, but we work it out till the last word and than everything is even better than it was before. But i created a fear of losing this guy, even tough he says we are together forever.

Please your word of wisdom, i would appreciate it.

Is this your first relationship?

Personally I don't believe in long distance relationships. If you've been with someone for a long time in real life and you had to live away from each other for a while because of work or something like that, it would be a different situation, knowing you'd eventually get back together, but I wouldn't even qualify talking to someone you've never met in the flesh and bone over the internet as a relationship. A relationship takes way more than that.

no hasn't been my first relationship, i had a relationship with a guy for 2.5 years and he lived in my city. He cheated and lied. So i don't know what the terms has to be for a happy relationship. it just feels like this one is the right one, but so far away that it just seems a fantasy if you know what i mean ...

thank you for your advice

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no it probably won't work. Relationships need physical contact, since you have none it may last for a while longer but I don't forsee it lasting 'forever'

Well that's the thing. I hardly trust people I've actually met, I wouldn't take for granted anything someone said over the internet. How do you know that the stuff he tells you is true? And do you honestly think that he's 'the right one' and that you'll be together with this guy for your whole life when you haven't even met him?

well you never know if you didn't try though, but thank you for the advice ill keep it in mind.

Have you two thought about meeting each other in real life?
    You might be taking this serious, but he might not?
    It could work, but I'm not sure since long distance is really difficult...I've done it before and it was too hard for me so I end up moving where he is to be with him.
    How old are you anyway?
    You've known him for 2years and why haven't you two met in person before?