+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flirting

Flirting

Hey guys, here's my new question
    Does a girl know you like her if you flirt with her?

But heres the WHOLE story, so there was this girl in my class. I didn't like her at first, but I always thought she was really cute. Then one day she mentioned that she have a boyfriend, but I didn't like her back then, so I didn't care too much. Wasn't until last week, I start thinking about her alot, and I actually started talking to her and flirt with her last week, and she seems to like it and flirt back with me. But now I remembered that she have a boyfriend, so obviously I can't be with her...So I'll try to be friends with her...but should I still flirt and kid around with her? I mean what if she one day realize that I'm flirting with her because I have feelings for her and decide that she should stop talking to me because she doesn't want any problems with her boyfriend? Or if I become really friendly with her now, what if one day she does break up with her boyfriend and she won't like me and only think of me as "just a friend"?
    So what do you think will be the best thing for me to do? Still flirt with her or just be a regular friend? Thank you for reading this and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it.

Flirting can be totally harmless. Although, I wouldn't flirt with someone who I wasn't attracted to, but that's just me. I myself am a flirt, but again, wouldn't do it with someone I didn't even have an inkling of attraction to.

Quote Originally Posted by sliz84
    Flirting can be totally harmless. Although, I wouldn't flirt with someone who I wasn't attracted to, but that's just me. I myself am a flirt, but again, wouldn't do it with someone I didn't even have an inkling of attraction to.
    oo no, sorry if I didn't specify it, I am totally attracted to her.

I think she's talking about the girl, not you.

Is she talking about the girl? Well this girl does flirt back with me though.

yes i was talking about the girl

Frankly I dont think flirting means anything at all. I had a girl that I was really attracted to a while back and we flirted A LOT....a lot of touchy feely type of stuff...just flirting, non stop in every way we could and well after a few months of all of that I finally break down and ask her if she wants to take it to the relationship step (we were "just friends" ) and well she told me that she didnt like me in that "way" and she just wanted to be friends *shrugs* so take it as you will......

As for your question well I wouldnt hold your breath and wait to see if she does break up with her boyfriend and well I also wouldnt just stop flirting with her cold turkey, she would more then likely notice and ask you whats up, I would just keep going as you will and dont worry to much about it but at the same time keep your options open with other women or the possibility that another might walk in tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mystikal; 26-12-05 at 12:54 PM.

Why do some women do that? Flirt without holding back and then suddenly turns around and all like "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Psycam
    Why do some women do that? Flirt without holding back and then suddenly turns around and all like "No."
    To some women it's a game, and basically comes natural. Personally I like this, as long as you know the girl is doing it. That means you can flirt and play back at her if your just good friends knowing she wont think anything of it, I think it can make a friendship much stronger.

I've also ran into girls who do flirt like crazy, then when you do it back to them, they freak out and back off of you. These are the kind of things that drive me crazy...I never know what the girl I likes reason behind flirting is. I think I've came to the conclusion that most of the time it is because they like you or are attracted to you, and these other girls aren't the norm, but they can really get into your head and you start to question every girl that flirts with you.

Quote Originally Posted by football
    I've also ran into girls who do flirt like crazy, then when you do it back to them, they freak out and back off of you. These are the kind of things that drive me crazy...

I think these girls are just ones who wants attention from guys, which is called a slut. Tell them to f off.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy0123
    I think these girls are just ones who wants attention from guys, which is called a slut. Tell them to f off.
    Yea agreed they are after the attention, it just drives me crazy because it's just another thing I have to think about when the next girl flirts with me...I'm thinking it's not another one of these girls is it...

Quote Originally Posted by football
    Yea agreed they are after the attention, it just drives me crazy because it's just another thing I have to think about when the next girl flirts with me...I'm thinking it's not another one of these girls is it...
    Well, don't tell me there is not one descent girl out there, bc there definitely are, and I guess you just gotta see how she talk to other guys to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy0123
    Well, don't tell me there is not one descent girl out there, bc there definitely are, and I guess you just gotta see how she talk to other guys to find out.
    Yea I've come to learn most girls are pretty sincere when they are flirting. I'm starting to just assume their sincere and if their not oh well, I dont mind messing up there, because I dont need girls like that.

thats why i said get to know them a little bit first, see if she flirts with every other guy.

hm..nobody has answered my question in the first post yet...

Normally they do know your interested, make sure your flirting with some touching though...thats the best way to do let her know your interested in her. Girls use touching and flirting more than guys, so when we do it to women I think they take it a little more seriously then we do with girls. I've been wondering the same thing lately, but when I look at relationships of some of my friends that are girls and that I'm not too close with, I dont do much flirting or touching. I only seem to do it with girls I like or girls that I'm really close to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast