+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Serious Question For Men. Please Answer Honestly.

Serious Question For Men. Please Answer Honestly.

For the guys who have been in this situation:

You're in a long term relationship. You want the relationship to end. You tell your girl it's because "you're just not ready for a serious relationship/marriage/etc." Then the next girl you date. . .you're in a serious relationship with (you have or want to propose to this new girl.)

What was it about the first girl that made you feel you needed to say that "you're not ready"?

What was it about the next girl that made you want to commit to the relationship?

Again, please answer honestly. You'll be helping us girls who want to be that "next girl"

Quote Originally Posted by canndee View Post
    For the guys who have been in this situation:

You're in a long term relationship. You want the relationship to end. You tell your girl it's because "you're just not ready for a serious relationship/marriage/etc." Then the next girl you date. . .you're in a serious relationship with (you have or want to propose to this new girl.)

What was it about the first girl that made you feel you needed to say that "you're not ready"?

What was it about the next girl that made you want to commit to the relationship?

Again, please answer honestly. You'll be helping us girls who want to be that "next girl"
    It's not about being ready or not. This is just the bullshit canned excuse that people use in order "not to hurt the other person's feelings". The reason is ... you ceased to be attractive for him, how and why I do not know... sorry...

Why the next girl...? who knows, so many variables at play here.

Bottom line is he did not want to be with you, he didnt see a serious relationship with you and he did with the next girl...

Your question is fairly general and thus difficult to answer, it actually boils down to "how is she better than me?", impossible to say without more info...

Thanks for the answer! I know, in general, it's difficult to answer which is why I'm hoping some people can give personal relatable stories. Something on the lines of this:

"I was dating this one girl but within the relationship she stopped wanting to go out and do things. The relationship became monotanous and I just felt it wasn't working out. I thought I wanted to be single and date around again so I broke up with her. Then I met this girl and she was a lot of fun and didn't get jealous when I talked to my friends that are girls and I just felt more comfortable around her."

Yeah, but others' stories won't help you or anyone else because everything about the question/situation you laid out is subjective. The guy could be a jerk, he might have an incredibly higher sex drive than the woman, he might realize that he hadn't p[layed the field enough yet and so on.... The woman might be too introverted, too extroverted, too dependent and so on....

I would have at least relayed my experience if I had one like that but I've only been in three serious relationships. The first one I broke off because of serious issues, the second was a mutual breakup, and the third woman I married (LOL to myself).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

If you buy this Kindle book for $1 it sums up what a healthy, happy relationship is.
    [url=http://www.amazon.com/Dating-and-Relationship-Basics-ebook/dp/B005H3ZRE4/]Amazon.com: Dating and Relationship Basics eBook: Chuck Roberts: Kindle Store[/url]

Other than that, we are not mind readers. We cannot know what went wrong with a relationship, or why the next relationship was better (or worse).
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

LOL I love that quote^^^
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...