+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I wanted to ask her out but found out she's getting married

I wanted to ask her out but found out she's getting married

There is a girl who comes to the same fitness class that I go to. I found her to be attractive and a very pleasing personality. All these days, I was wanting to tell her Hello and make friends with her to get to know her better. Recently, I went up to her and introduced myself and we got into a small conversation. In the conversation, the last topic some how ended with marriage where I got to know that she is getting married close to mid next year. I was frozen when I heard this and quickly ended the conversation. After the class we left together as we stay in the same building. (The class also takes place in the same building). Then she asked me some questions like with whom am I staying, About my parents, how do I find the city which I live in? Then we bid each other bye....Now I am quite confused and don't know what to do?...I did not expect this

There are some details that I would like to add here..It will really help if you give me your answers after that as I do not have anyone with whom I can ask this question..if my parents were alive, perhaps yes...thanks once again for your help!

I would like to say how this conversation headed towards marriage. A few months back I had met another girl as my brother got a marriage proposal for me. I met this girl and found that we can be good friends only. Basically, I was not interested, especially in this arrange marriage concept. Now co-incidentally I got to know that the fitness girl works in the same company as this girl and they know each other. So I clearly told the fitness girl about it as I did not want to leave her with any skepticism as they could have discussed this later. And I told the fitness girl about this and about the arrange marriage concept. She pretty much agreed with me on the arrange marriage thing and then I casually asked her whether she is married. She told me that she is getting married mid next year and it is an arranged marriage. She said that she does not know how this marriage would turn up for her and she met the guy 3-4 times and then decided. The guy is from a south east asia country (sorry I cannot divulge names,titles, etc to maintain privacy and respect)

Now I do not know how to cope with this. I understand that if it was a love marriage planned, then it is important that I forget all my feelings and carry on..but here it is different. She hardly knows the guy she is marrying...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???

Not sure of your question, but if she told you she was getting married, she is unavailable to you. Move on.