+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or...

Is it just me or...

Is it just me or does it seem women are less feminine and men are less masculine these days?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Generally speaking, I would agree. At least, in the west. In other (less developed) countries, the patriarchial system is alive and well.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, I notice that a lot of guys are getting tired of short hairspiking and decide to grow their hair... if by hair is what you mean.

Adopting the East continent's hairstyles?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's just you.

Nobody else seems to care.

I can't speak for anywhere else in the country, but here it seems like half the male population is trying to embrace the emo/metrosexual lifestyle and appearance. It's disgusting.

I'm not saying men need to all be massive muscle bound jock itches, but even going back so far as the mid nineties, to see bands like Hansen garnering female attention when they all look like manly women, is back asswards. The fact that that trend is picking up steam is disturbing.

At least in Ann Arbor it'd be nice to see more guys acting like guys as opposed to adrogenous bags of false emotion and bad haircuts.

As far as females actingg less feminine, I personally haven't seen any evidence of that.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

I say around here it is pretty much mix. In some areas it is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem women are less feminine and men are less masculine these days?
    What do you mean less masculine? Do I have to have muscles to be a man?
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No. You have to be willing to be decisive, take charge, and accept responsibility. It would also help to break any video game addictions which I only throw in there because I don't understand grown men playing video games like a teenager to the exclusion of a normal life.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No. You have to be willing to be decisive, take charge, and accept responsibility. It would also help to break any video game addictions which I only throw in there because I don't understand grown men playing video games like a teenager to the exclusion of a normal life.
    You can actually make a lot of money by playing video games professionally actually. And most video games improve hand eye coordination as well as your thinking process. Plus it is better than watching most of the crap on tv nowadays.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I bet George Clooney doesn't spend his time playing X-Box.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate to break it to you but the average gamer is 29 and rising. Hell, my 57 year old psych professor plays World of Warcraft in his spare time. You just wait and see. My generation's filled with gamers, and I can guarantee you we'll be playing until our hands too gnarled with arthritis to wrap around a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I bet George Clooney doesn't spend his time playing X-Box.
    And? So that is one dude woopdedo. Besides if I was him I would not be playing video games nor reading up on some computer tech as I be getting dates left and right.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I hate to break it to you but the average gamer is 29 and rising. Hell, my 57 year old psych professor plays World of Warcraft in his spare time. You just wait and see. My generation's filled with gamers, and I can guarantee you we'll be playing until our hands too gnarled with arthritis to wrap around a controller.

Kind of supports the thesis of this thread, doesn't it? At least it does for the way *I* would define masculinity, which would not include child-like habits.

Anyway, (again) I am not talking about the occasional user, but those that play to the exclusion of an actual life.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    And? So that is one dude woopdedo. Besides if I was him I would not be playing video games nor reading up on some computer tech as I be getting dates left and right.
    The Clooney is not one dude. He is THE dude. The standard by which all others are judged. Yummmm.

Anyway, yes, CAM, I agree that traditional roles are not embraced like they used to be. I, for one, use power tools regularly and drive like a bat out of hell.

What about you? Do you cook? Clean?
    Spammer Spanker

i agree people keep having ugly yeti babies. save your genes people.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast