+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I give her a gift ?

Should I give her a gift ?

Here's the situation, I've been on a couple "dates" with a co-worker. I'm really into her, but the most of any sort physical contact, we've had, is the hug/kiss on the cheek.

She's been sick lately and i'm gonna see her tommrow at a staff luncheon, before she heads home for the holidays.

I think she is interested in me. I think it just a matter ofit needs to be "officially declared."

Anyway I got a Xmas Mug, put some tea, halls, and chocolates in it, as a kind of get well soon gift + xmas gift.

If you were her, what would your read on this be?

Well if I was her, it all depends if you had that look where you expected something in return.

It sounds like a good idea though, I know some people are going to go haywire over buying someone a gift. It is the christmas season, and there is nothing wrong with having a christmas spirit, just don't expect anyone else to. I say go for it, and do it without hesitation.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

No harm in it. It's a completely innocent gift you give to someone that you're a little closer with than your other coworkers. Plus the girl is sick. She'll be appreciated. What I did when the girl I was just dating got sick was bought a gag gift. A funny get well card and a container of "get well pills" (they were just candy). On it were instructions to take two a day and hope that they work. It was silly, but she thought it was cute.

And trust me, it's the LITTLE things that rack up to count. Something as small as even stopping by in person when they're sick instead of calling will put you ahead in the game.

Alexi

Ahem!! Excuse me.

The answer is no.
    I'm waiting to be impressed...

Originally posted by GigaloDJ
    Ahem!! Excuse me.

The answer is no.
    Ok Miss I'm to precious to show some love

Napoleon I

Before you go off jumping to the conclusion of feeling the need to be right....When someone is important to you, there is a way each and everyone of us expresses ourselves, you have your ways and other people have their ways.

You are at [url]www.loveforum.net.[/url] You are welcome to "come aboard" anytime you want to. As I think someone needs to know that it is not possible to please everybody! Remember this gift is not talking about a dozen roses, it is a cup, tea, cough drops, and some chocolates!!!!......If the real reason of buying this gift for her was to win her heart, then no would be the final answer! If you want to do something for someone and seem "real" about it, do it in a fashion to where everybody wins. Not just yourself.

It is up to you what you want to believe.

Napoleon I

Originally posted by LightOn
    Ok Miss I'm to precious to show some love
    I'm a MAN.

The answer is still NO!

You need to listen to my advice. It is the best, next to MVPlaya and Anthony.

We know the truth.

The answer is still NO!

You need to listen to my advice. It is the best, next to MVPlaya and Anthony.

We know the truth.
    Are you a Man or a Don Juan wanna be? There is a Bigger picture than just being a MAN. If I am not mistaken you have just contradicted yourself when you stated "It is best, next to" You just put yourself in second place. Which a True Don Juan does not do! As it seems you have misunderstood the Don Juan Literal Myth. Don Juan does not revolve around that forum of yours(I'm not bashing the forum, I'm bashing the lack of HUMANITY on it). Tis a nice place, but there is much more than what is getting preached.

I practice being an Antropolgist, therfor I will study all "ways" of life. Keeps a person from judging, and also keeps a LOW tolerance to stress.....End result PEACE!!!

You are more than welcome to remain Firm with your "NO" decision. Although it seems as if you are defending your own ability to remain open. As the saying goes "Argue your limitations, and they are yours"

We will listen to your advice, but what is the truth? This is not the matrix...The truth is, that there is no material truth at all. It is all in the mind, it is up to you how you convey it!

It's ok man, we all have the freedom of speech and opinion.
    Bottem Line: If your not confident with doing it, then you better find a way to be confident about doing it.

Napoleon I

I don't care how philosophical you are!

The answer is still NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way. I'm not a Don Juan yet.

Not a Don Juan yet?!? Thank you for taking the test

It was fun playing a Doctor of Philosophy!! I must admit.

No hard feelings.

Napoleon I

Ahem!! Excuse me.

The answer is no.
    what the? what is a matter with you? You think playin games with women will make you more attractive?
    Look if he wants to give her a gift, he should. I don't bleive his question was should I?

Why do you think it such a bad idea? Inlighten me on how a girl would feel?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Let me ask you a question.

Why must the GUY buy the GIRL shyt?!

I don't. GIRLS buy things for ME. Why? Because I AM THE PRIZE!
    You see, i could explain this for HOURS!
    The explanations intertwine with eachother.

And i was WRONG about buying her a gift. I admit it.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY thing you should buy her at this point is a CARD. Go for it! Let me know how it goes!

leight69

IMHO, it's obvious that you are just trying to "seal the deal" before she goes home for the holidays. But she probably won't mind anyway.

Let me ask you a question.

Why must the GUY buy the GIRL shyt?!

explain to me ... where did I say he had to do anything?
    maybe he likes her! hhmm.. guess you don't get that.. your right your are the prize.

a booby prize but hey.. we all have to be something.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast