+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies.. how would you handle this?

nebulachic Guest

Ladies.. how would you handle this?

I met my b/f's best friend of 15 years a few weeks before my b/f at a club we all used to frequent. After talking for a couple hours he said "Wait until you meet my friend! You and he have a lot in common! Come next week.. I'll tell him to be here!" We did meet the next week, hit it off and started dating.

I knew my b/f's friend and g/f were having problems all along. I even used to talk to him often and offer suggestions. My b/f was also talking to each of them quite often trying to help them out. One day his friend called me really upset and said: "I'd keep an eye on (my b/f) because if me and (his g/f) break up I think he is going to go after her." I was quite taken aback. I asked why he thought it and he said he has always suspected something between them.

I had met the woman once before and decided to call her. We talked about things in general for a while then I told her I had to ask her something kind of awkward. She said: "Please don't ask me if I'm having an affair with (my b/f)! I'm doing everything in my power to get back with (b/f's friend)!" I asked her if there was any truth to his b/f's suspicions. She kind of stuttered thru her answer and said "We're just really good friends... and anyway even if there was something there nothing would ever come of it because of our mutual love for (my b/f's friend)." She also told me her b/f said to her after he introduced my bf and I: "I bet your bummed out now that you know he's dating someone huh?" I confronted my b/f about his feelings for her shortly after and he gave the same exact response she had. He also said how they had a bond because both their kids had been involved in drugs and they have talked over the years about their relationship discontents.

His best friend and the woman didn't end up breaking up and actually moved in together about 2 months ago (she used to live in the same town as my b/f). She called my b/f about a month after she moved out of her own house and asked if he wanted to buy her grand piano for his son. He said he would love to but couldn't afford it. She told him he could just take it on loan then. He asked her what she was going to do with her house now that she has moved. She said she wasn't going to sell it yet in case things didn't work out between her and the guy.

He told me last night he talked with her again recently. She told him she is not happy at all with the way things are going. He also mentioned a time when his friend and she were having a rough go of it and his friend invited a different woman to the annual vacation place that my b/f and he always attend. My b/f stopped by her place before heading up to the vacation spot. He asked her how she was handling things. He said she lost it and started crying and grabbed onto him. He said he stayed with her for 2 hours trying to calm her down. He said that was the moment they became very good friends.

I am kind of freaked out if she moves back to my b/f's neighborhood. I am not convinced there is nothing between them and was quite relived when I found out she moved in with his friend 50 minutes away.

ha ha ha, reading your posts is like watching a soap opera. Good stuff!

ooooooooo so that's who he was with the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    ha ha ha, reading your posts is like watching a soap opera. Good stuff!
    same feeling here....haha

I look forward to the next episode
    Come share your love story. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][URL="http://MyPuppyLover.com"].[/URL]