+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In need of advice...

In need of advice...

Hey Everybody!

It's my first post so please be kind . It's kind of long please be patient! Anyways, I recently got a summer job and I was able to meet a very sweet girl! I knew at first glance it was love at first sight and I too believed that she liked me as well, but when I was with my family at a night market I bumped into her and I was startled and foolishly I just said "Hey" and walked off. After that I was pissed at myself for screwing up. God willingly I saw her again and approached her to have a conversation, I could tell she was a little bit choked too . Today at work I saw her again, she seemed fine and we talked and during our breaks we even walked together through a park and sat down together near a pond. I thought to myself that maybe she wasn't mad at me, but we kept on talking and she asked me what my racial preference in women were and I said I don't have a preference, and she answered that she liked Caucasian men, but she didn't think that she would ever hook up with one. And not only that she asked me if I went to PlayLand (we work at an amusement park) and that she wanted to go. I should have asked her to go at that moment, but I did not and she said she might go with her friends. Then one of her female friends came and instantly she basically ignored me after that and after work we would always leave together, but today she left with her female friend. I was planning to give her a card tomorrow with my feelings about her, but on second thought I should talk to her more and maybe give it to her second or last day of work. I know it was long, but I am freaking out now please if anybody has an opinion (good or bad) or advice please tell. Thanks for listening and God bless you all.

Edit: To make things clearer (I know its long! I am an Half Asian and Half Caucassian Person, but I look very asian for some reason and she is a asian person)
    Last edited by Matt; 31-08-04 at 12:04 PM.

No problem, thats what we are here for.
    Well it does sound like she likes you, walking round the park and hinting that you are her type (in one way anyway), they have to be good signs.

But dont forget that friends will meen something to her aswell, and she needs to put time aside for them. I know a few girls who have vowed to put their friends before any relationships they have, but it might not be that bad in your case, since she does seam to give you alot of attention.

If she does like you, she wont wait forever for you, but your thinking about making a move soon, so thats good.

But Im not so sure about the card.
    If she is very shy, then she might like the time to think it over. But from the experience Ive had I never got a reply that way, so I had to be a little more direct and talk to her. But she might not react that way, she might tell you as soon as she sees you.

Or you could talk to her properly, try to hint at what you are going to say though, I know its easier just to blutter it out, but you dont want to surprise her, you might not get a decent answer. But girls usualy like a guy who has the confidence to talk to them properly.

Wether it is best to go for the card, or talking to her depends on how shy you think she is.
    But its not like if you pick the wrong one, you lose. It just means you will start off a little slower.

Anyway, dont forget to read everyone elces advice, since they are probaly much more experienced than me.
    Good Luck!

Thanks Lucid! It meant a lot to me. I am regaining my confidence! I'll try to talk to her about my feelings if I ever get a "park moment" again, but it's hard to tell with her, she is a mixed bag of shyness and openess. You are right about expressing my feelings in person, but I hope I have balls to expresss my feelings when another oppurtunity arises. Thanks again for the input Lucid and I wouldn't mind some more! Again thanks everybody for taking the time to read my post and God bless you all!

If you're struggling to find an occasion to talk to her about your feelings, you might want to try inviting her out to dinner in a private or semi-private setting. Depending on how comfortable both of you feel around each other, that could be a quiet corner of a restaurant, a less formal meal at home or something more extravagent.
    Last edited by Anthony; 31-08-04 at 02:43 PM.

Dude bro, since yall just meet, the card thing isn't a good idea, start slow, friends first, trust me on this, women love confidence and a challenge. The card thing may come off as creepy to her if givin to her to soon.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean-

I don't think there's such a thing as love at first sight. But probably that's for a separate thread. Anyway, how long have you known her and how many times have you actually gone out together? How well do you know her? I don't think you should throw yourself in too soon, but only you'd know if you are ready i.e. you know her well enough to make a decision and you don't think you are rushing things so much that she would definitely reject you cos you scared her.

Yeah, thats a point, I kind of assumed you had known her for a while since its at a summer job, and the summer holidays is pritty much over, but then I saw that you used the word 'recently'.