+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Uh oh.

Uh oh.

Ok here is a new one for me. A few nights ago I ran into this girl at a party but she was getting ready to leave. I was going to ask for her number but I got yanked into something else before I could. I went with a friend to see if I could find her on sunday but I had no luck.

Yesturday afternoon I ran into her when I was leaving my room. It turns out that she was looking for me so she could get my #. We exchanged numbers and hung out last night for a while. While we are talking she brought up the fact that her bf is coming out in a few days. I guess I wasnt all there last night because I asked her to do somthing again tonight and she said she would love to. I know you will all say that I should forget about it because of the bf, but why the hell would she go to all the trouble of finding me and getting my number.

On a side note, last night we were going to meet another friend of mine. When I told her that it was another chick I saw her face drop. Then I said it was just an old friend that wanted to meet some more people and she started smiling again. I am so confused. We had really clicked I thought from the first time we met. Maybe her bf isnt too serious, or maybe I missheard something. Who freaking knows.

Edit: This could be the 7th time this year that this kinda shit has happened to me, but this is the first time I am really stressing over it. I don't know what it was but I really thought that she was into me. She had said when we bumped into each other that I was the nicest guy she had met up here so far. Thats not saying much because there are some real jackasses around, but still. This is some crazy shit if you ask me.
    Last edited by Ratfish256; 31-08-04 at 08:20 PM.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Sounds like she's not real serious with her boyfriend. So if you feel like being the guy on the side, then I think you're all set cause it looks like that's what she's grooming you to be.

Rod Steele

Ok I ate lunch with her today, which lasted alot longer than I had expected but im not complaning. She kept saying how great of a guy I am. We already made plans for tonight and she is going to come over once her homework is done. What do you guys think?

Sounds like she's into you. She's either planning on breaking up with her boyfriend and wants to make SURE that there's another one there waiting for her when she does, or she wants to fool around behind his back.

Rod Steele

Id have to go with the first one, she definatly isn't the type of chick that would fool around behind someones back. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Oh and by the way, I love your sig.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

Arg I just hung out with her again for a while and she mentioned her bf again, but she also said she wanted to hang out later. I really just want to tell her how I feel but I don't know how. I have no clue whats going on anymore. I think next time I see her I will just lay it out. I really dont want to mess this one up though.
    Last edited by Ratfish256; 01-09-04 at 07:17 AM.

Lucid: His signature is a quote from Gandhi. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would make the whole world blind and toothless is the full quote. Something like that.

Anyway Ratfish, I think you shouldn't lay it out too soon. You met her a few nights ago + 1 more day. That's not a long time. And you want to tell her you love her? She might think you are not really that serious, or get scared off, or some other shit. I say give this relationship more time first. If she really wants to break with her b/f, she would eventually get down to doing it.

I say dont tell her you love her, but tell her your interested.
    I've seen so many of my friend getting played like that.
    Usaly what happen is they are entertaining her and her boyfriend is fuking her
    Last edited by MJK; 01-09-04 at 11:16 AM.

Nah I never tell people I love them I was just going to say that if she is going to continue to flirt with me then something else needs to change. Updates in the morning.

Yeah dude, I think MJK is on the ball with this one. Maybe she just wants more friends. Unfortunately, unlike guys, girls sometimes just want to be friends. LOL. If you haven't read the "ladder theory" I suggest you do. (I'll find a link to one later or you can search it up on google or something.) Girls can be confusing sometimes and send some signals which are interpreted differently in a guy's perspective vs a girl's. I had a co-worker who was doing that to me once. She was HARSH trying to be all friendly and stuff and I almost fell for it after a while but I slapped myself and saw right through her. In the end, I played along but could tell she was playing around with me because on the side she was doing the same thing to another co-worker. They are now going out. But the guy is REALLY young so I guess he's pretty "easy" since he's only 17 and she's like 21! Not that age matters or anything, I mean I guess if they are mature about it and stuff. But the best part is that she also just broke up with her bf not too long ago. And now they are hooking up. Do I smell a rebound?

Either that or she really is breaking up with her bf soon but to quite honest with you, if that's how she's acting there's no telling how she could act towards you. I guess it's a 50/50 gamble. She may really fall head over heals for you and you guys can hit it off great or she could play you just like she MIGHT be playing her bf. I'm not saying that, that is what she's doing to her current one but it sure sounds like it. Just take it slow dude and very very cautious.