+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letting go of the past...

Letting go of the past...

Recently, an ex of mine have started talking and hanging out again and I can't decide on whether I should trust him again or break things off before they progress into something further...

The backstory...

Last year I was attending graduate school and met him through a friend. He lived in my hometown, which was a little under 2 hours from where I was attending school. So we started dating, things were great. A few months later we started arguing about silly things and decided to take a break. As we were still talking and "working on things", I received an email from another girl stating that they had been seeing each other for a few weeks etc... Turns out a lot of the small things he told me while we were dating (his grandma falling and hurting her back, his uncle having a heart attack, etc...) were all lies to go see her at her school (not the same school as mine...)

So I decided to forget that whole situation and moved on. Well, he kept in contact with me sporadically throughout their relationship and long story short, they broke up back in December. He since had a relationship with another girl but it was short lived and ended by her after a month or so.

So now I have since moved back to the same area where he lives and now we're talking again and hanging out a lot. My feelings for him are coming back and I don't know if I should trust him because of things that were done in the past. Not only the past, but whenever he says he wants to have a Saturday night in by himself my mind starts to wander. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation or could offer some unbiased advice.

Thanks in advance!

uhhhh stay away from him? he's not the type to commit....remember you were not that important enough for him to not hook up with another girl.
    Last edited by smackie9; 15-05-11 at 01:17 PM.