+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Isn't it funny ?

Isn't it funny ?

Isn't it funny how you can find songs that match you exact mood ?

I am somewhat of a writer - and this part of writing frustrates me - all my moods that I have I try to write for - but then I hear a song that matches my mood perfectly and then BAM ! My writing just became a mear copy of someone else's work...

I have been in an overall good mood lately - I have been seeing nothing but the good in the world. etc etc... Well I starting thinking about what I could write. Well I also love the band Staind - mostly because when I sing I sound like that guy (i dont know his name) - I listen to their cd's all the time - and while I was thinking about what to write i was listening too.

Well one of their famous songs started to play and it totally took over my mind because THAT is the mood that I feel. And then I was just like 'damn'.

So yeah - I would have had put a poem on here today if it wasn't for the above reasons - But instead I am going to put the lyrics to the song.

--------

So Far Away
    Band: Staind
    Album: 14 Shades Of Grey

This is my life
    It's not what it was before
    All these feelings I've shared
    And these dreams
    That I'd never lived before
    Somebody shake me 'cause I
    I must be sleeping

Now that we're here, it's so far away
    All the struggle we thought was all in vain
    They all finally start to go away
    And I feel like I can face the day
    I can forgive, and I'm not ashamed
    To be the person I am today

These are my words
    That I've never said before
    I think I'm doing okay
    And this smile
    That I've never shown before
    Somebody shake me 'cause I
    I must be sleeping

I'm so afraid of waking
    Please don't shake me
    Afraid of waking
    Please dont shake me

--------

There are a few bands that do this to me all the time. In fact if I was to gather up the songs and place them in a certain order you would have my entire life written out in songs. Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Staind.

Just listen to their lyrics when you hear them and you will learn a part of me.

But most of all read the lyrics above to learn how I feel lately.

wow, i know exactly what you mean. i write songs, and i always find myself in a certain mood, so i listen to songs i think might fit my mood, and all i end up writing about is what was in the song. the same idea basically. its like everyone has already come up with everything i thought no one felt.

its great to relate to songs like that, makes you feel better cos it means they feel the same way as we do. Its a great way to regain hope again and know we're not alone

Almost every song i hear lately has been like that. But the one you just quoted there, i heard it awhile ago, and thats where i want to be. I want to feel like that.

Dont you just love music
    If you've met me, you'll worry, if you know me you'll smile.

I absolutely LOVE music I believe it is a way for the soul to express itself. No matter how lost you are of words music can always let other know just how you feel.

I have felt this way once before (the song mentioned earlier) - It was when me and my ex wife made it thru all the struggles of family, money, and just everyday life. We were the happiest couple you ever met. This lasted maybe 2 months straight. I would sing this song to her almost everyday.

I wont go into details about what happened that changed everything - But I will say now when the songs says 'we' - I am thinking of me and my son. We are finally at a point where nothing seems to be going wrong. It is great !

I have struggled for nearly 4 years off and on with every. School, work, women, kids, money, food, a home... I could go on but I wont.

But nothing is wrong anymore - We have a stable home - I have an excellent job - I put food on the table for us all - I have money all the time now - School is no longer a problem, my job takes its place perfectly. And women - I am still single - But the good news is that there are no fights - lol - And I know in time I will meet someone. Time brings everything. Time heals all. Time is the answer to just about anything.

hehe - but back to my point - MUSIC IS AWSOME ! lol

I am one of those guys that listens to music almost constantly throughout the day.

I fall asleep with my computer playing music - I wake up to it - I listen to music in the car - I listen to it at work - I listen to it when I am on the computer chatting and such - I listen to my headphones while I am polaying baseball... There is prolly a total of 1-2 hours a day that there is no music entering my ears - lol

Lately I have been singing along to all my music too and it has caused major differences in my voice. When I talk it is WAY deeper now - and when I sing it is WAY clearer and ACTUALLY sounds good. lol - I dont know how many people have told me to go to AI and see how far I would get. I think I might give it a shot next year if they come to Houston.

I found that when you sing to a song that you relate to it hits your soul harder and you will sing it better. A few times while singing to staind in the past I would start to cry while singing. Today when I sang to that song I mentioned earlier I got goosebumps from hell and I could not stop smiling to save my life.

hehe - damn I make long ass posts when I feel so strongly on certain subjects.

There are 3 subjects that really get me going - hehe - Music, Religion, and Science - I can go on for days about a subject. Literally ! I remember a few years back me and my best friend started talking about some religious stuff and we just kept going for about 2.5 days without sleep. I love to talk. I really do. But I am an extremely shy person too. Which is weird.

Speaking about talking alot - if anyone ever wants to talk to me outside of this site please message me on one of my messengers. You can find my screennames in my profile - You can get ahold of me on them from 6pm-10pm monday-friday US Central Time. Weekends are iffy - Sometimes I will be on all day - Sometimes I'm not on at all... hehe

Ok well I am going to stop typing now because if I dont I dont think I ever will.

PM me ppl ! I am craving to chat with ppl !

Billy, There is one song from Staind I really love.. its Ephipany from the Break the cycle Album... really means a lot to me
    Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Get a grip!

Hell yeah ! Thats one my favorites !!

Very very touching song to me too - It hits me VERY close to home.

------

Epiphany
    Band: Staind
    Album: Break The Cycle

Your words to me just a whisper
    Your faces so unclear
    I try to pay attention
    Your words just disappear

'Cause its always raining in my head
    Forget all the thing's I should have said

So I speak to you in riddles because
    My words get in my way. I smoke the
    whole thing to my head and feel it
    wash away 'cause i don't take anymore
    or this, I want to come apart.
    or dig myself a little hole inside
    your precious heart

Forget all the things I should have said

I am nothing more than a little boy inside
    That cries out for attention
    though I always try to hide
    'Cause I talk to you like children,
    Though I don't know how I feel
    But I know I'll do the right thing
    If the right thing is revealed

Forget all the things I should have said

------

Epiphany

A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization.
    Last edited by BillyGalbreath; 08-05-04 at 03:44 AM.

you said it dude...
    Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Get a grip!

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i love music ... ALL MUSIC, BILLEH! ALL MUSIC! haha
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."