+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cant really believe this happened

Cant really believe this happened

So i was with this girl for about 6 months and she decided to get back with her ex boyfriend...i got over it. Now, three months afterwards, ive been talking to a new girl where i work..and we've been getting rather close, flirting all the time, and i would like to ask her on a date. Turns out this girl im talking to now, happens to be the sister of my ex's boyfriend! I didnt realize because of a difference in last names, but they live together with the same parents. Now im pretty sure the dude hates me for "breaking him and his girlfriend up", which i didnt do at all but he supposedly believes, and i dont want my ex to think im trying to stay close to her or anything...any advice on how to handle the situation?

Its not even like i live in a small town...really cant believe this one

First things first, understand the situation. If you like her and things are good NOW is the time to be honest with her about what happened prior. Soon as her brother gets wind of this he'll be telling her all about you, and you need to come clean before he makes you look like a fool, or worse an untrustworthy lowlife.

If you like and want to pursue a relationship with her you have to keep in mind that she lives with her brother, and for the moment will take his word over yours. If he does hate you that will have an impact. Talk to her before she becomes aware of the situation some other way. Try and phrase it in a funny way like "You won't believe the irony of what I'm about to tell you I only just found out the other day - nah never mind I can't say it it's just too unbelievable". Make her drag it out of you and be fun about it, make it seem like it's water under the bridge, so that if the brother does freak out, she can be like "well he told me about all this already". You'll be on better footing this way. He's still going to try and weasel you away though if he hates you, just don't buy into it when the attacks and accusations come - and they will. She'll likely test the waters to see how you feel about her brother's girl etc. It's going to be potentially icky.

The other side is she might not care at all, or not like her brother! Find out before you make a move

Tread carefully, but clear the air while you can before it gets too deep in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice, i went out with her to the mall, we both had to get some shopping done. Afterwards I explained to her what had happened and it turned out we both agreed that it was best to just stay friends, she said her brother was very close to her and she couldnt see how that could work out, and she would feel jealous if his girl, my ex was ever around, which i dont blame her.

Its actually working about better than i figured. Its not awkward at work or anything, and were still friends, its a shame how things turned out though. She was definitely a nice girl, oh well

Quote Originally Posted by TheZahir View Post
    Its actually working about better than i figured. Its not awkward at work or anything, and were still friends, its a shame how things turned out though. She was definitely a nice girl, oh well
    Props to you for being able to take it like that. You'll meet someone nice, guys with your attitude always do : )

Quote Originally Posted by TheZahir View Post
    Thanks for the advice, i went out with her to the mall, we both had to get some shopping done. Afterwards I explained to her what had happened and it turned out we both agreed that it was best to just stay friends, she said her brother was very close to her and she couldnt see how that could work out, and she would feel jealous if his girl, my ex was ever around, which i dont blame her.

Well done. You handled it like a man