+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being played?

Am I being played?

I have been in a relationship for over two years with a guy and as far as I was aware it was all good. I thought we both loved each other and my guy said he wanted us to be together forever and he'd never loved anyone as much.

He says he wants to be with me all the time but most of the time we only see each other a few times a week. I guess this is more due to me just wanting to be at home and not wanting the inconvenience of travelling from his place to work and just not having my home comforts around. I find most times I stay he tries really hard to get me to stay again the next night...most times I do but I do try to fight it as I want to travel from my own home.

I would be happy to see him often but I just want it to be at my place not his.

He seems upset most times this happens and we argue about it a lot and its got to the point where he seems very angry about it and has been quite mean to me.

I stumbled across some of his emails to a sort of ex and it seemed to me from what he said he wanted to meet her and made some sexual innuendo to her. She told him where to go and then that was that.

This is my issue, he has always made it very clear that he hates people that cheat and that he is devoted to me but seeing that conversation I'm not sure about anything any more.

I do love him and I do not want to lose him so what shall I do?

This ex was someone that he said he didn't love but she really liked him. It seemed more of a sexual relationship than anything else. Is he looking for an ego boost or am I being naive?

Anybody? I've arranged to meet my boyfriend in the next week to discuss us and how we've been so any advice would be good.

You two might be ready to move in together, since it seems like the current situation of not living together is the major source of tension. However, be sure that you are otherwise happy with the relationship. Snooping through his emails isn't a good sign, and finding his exchange with the ex doesn't sound great either. But you probably can't raise that issue, because the way you found that information is going to make him paranoid.

Thank you for this advise. We have discussed living together and we want to once my current contract expires. The email thing was sort of an accident as he left his account signed in and I wasn't looking for anything because I trust him I was just interested to see how he spoke to his exs as he told me he had been in contact with them recently. I only read the one thread. He often gets my phone and reads my texts so I didn't think it to be too big of a deal and then I get that shock!