+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I make him notice?

How do I make him notice?

I was looking online for some tips and advice and came across this forum so I thought that I would post and seek some help.

I started college back in August/September and, until then, I had only ever had two boyfriends. Both of them ended up going behind my back and told my best friend that I was just being used as a way to get close to her so I began to feel that boys were a waste of time and just saw girls as an item.
    However, in my college class there is a small group of boys and one of them in particular has had me interested for the past while [before Christmas anyway]. The thing is that I don't think he notices me at all. When he DOES talk to me, he's a really sweet guy and he's just a typical teenage guy, having a laugh and just being really nice. He's always looking at me in class but it might be that we just look at eachother at the same moment our eyes are wandering around the class. I asked my classmate for some advice and she said to try wearing a bit of make-up and a lower cut top than usual [I wear quite high necked tops, the most that'll be shown is my collarbone]. I've began to spend more time on my hair but wearing lower-cut tops will make me a bit uncomfortable, I think, and I don't really own any. She says that they always go physical and then if they stay close to you after they're over that then they're a keeper.
    I just don't know how to grab this guys attention. I'm quite shy and I feel awkward walking up to someone randomly, I only really speak when someone starts a conversation with me and I'm especially not used to speaking to boys, I've never really had a crush on a boy before [the last boyfriends were because they asked me out]. I also don't have alot of confidence because, in my view, I don't have anything to offer this guy, I'm 16 and he's 18 and I'm not a typical girly girl so no guys have ever had an interest in me before.
    How can I grab this guys attention?

Forget about your friends idea of going with lower cut top. If a guy likes you it should be a lot more than just your looks. If he's always looking at you it's very possible that he likes you. Guys don't always do that unless there's attraction. Try to start even a small convo because some guys are too shy to approach girls. This way it might get him more comfortable and he'll start things from there. Good luck!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

This is a golden piece of advice my most precocious best friend told me first year at uni.

If you want a guy. Do not take the first step at talking to him, do not stare BUT always remain in his field of vision.

He'll do the rest if he is interested.

reality is, you need to be physically attracted to attract guys. Now if you want to be notice, you need to listen to your friend. you need to act sexy or look pretty. yeah the reality is harsh.

how do you attract him? i think hes attracted to you. you just need to find a way to make him ask you out. however, isnt it illegal to date an 16yrs old if hes 18?

Yes I forgot to say that you need to look if not sexy at least extremely feminine..

As much as we are emotional men are visual creatures let us not forget that!

Well I wouldn't go as far as stepping out of your comfort zone just to impress a guy. I think the hints are stirring up anyway. Looking great in your clothes are always a plus A great hairstyle and a nice fragrance go a long way too. Always show you confidence and don't confuse it with conceitedness. Smile and keep up the casual convo. And I'm with sookie's friend... stay in his field of vision.

sookie6 - That's rather simple seeing as I always have to walk right past him to get to the place that the art boxes and materials are kept. He always looks at me as I walk past so is that a good sign? [especially when I don't notice him looking at anyone else when they walk past].

davidtorres - It's not illegal as far as I know. My cousin was 16 when she began dating a 30 year old. Besides, we're in the same class so I'm sure it'd be fine. Age doesn't really matter.

I have tried being a bit more feminine [I've been straightening and playing with my hair alot more and I've been alot more concious with perfumes and other things] but all of my tops and most of my trousers are all baggy and not girly in any way at all. My friends suggested going into town this week to get some stuff but I really don't have the cash.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your friend sounds like a whore. You can be stunning and covered head to toe.

Wear what you're comfortable in. If you wear cleavage shots he may take notice but he'll also notice how awkward and uncomfortable you are. So scrap that. But DO spend some time primping. Doing your hair and putting some effort into makeup will certainly help. At the same time don't be the girl that looks likes she's going clubbing... to school. He'll notice yes, but he'll also think "BIMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And you say he doesn't notice you but eveything in your post sounds like he's NOTICING YOU. He looks at you? He talks to you? You laugh with him? UMMMM sweetie that is being noticed. If you're looking for the "dammnnnnnnn you fine!" *whistle* then yeah skank out. But sure sounds like he digs you as is. Flirt a little and you're made.

You don't want a guy who only notices your tits.
    Spammer Spanker

Any good flirtation tips to try and see if he DOES like me at all? All of the advice so far is really helpful but I still have a confidence problem and flirting is a whole new world to me. Anything subtle yet effective?

Btw, I don't wanna be a skank. It just seems that we don't talk as much as I'd like [we've had one proper conversation. Most of the time, it's just comments or I'm answering a question he has].