+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Open Ground?

Open Ground?

Hey,

Think that I put this in the wrong place first time, Sorry.

Before I ask my questions of all you wise people out there, I'll tell you a bit about my situation. That way maybe you will understand why I have these questions.

OK, I'm a 26 yo man, who, until a few years ago, was extremely shy. Fortunately, I realised the difficulties in life that this problem would present me and decided to do something about it. I'm still no extrovert, but I have improved 200% on what I was.

OK, my questions:

1) I am unsure of what exactly to say to women who I don't know (initiating a conversation), unless I actually have a specific purpose for talking to them.

2) Are there inappropriate places to meet women, for example walking down the street, in a shopping centre? Obviously I understand that clubs are OK (ahh...the missed opportunities) but I'm not a big fan of clubs. Basically, I want to know where the line is. Is there a line?

Thanks...
    Curlz.
    It's like in the Seinfeld episode where...

1) I am unsure of what exactly to say to women who I don't know (initiating a conversation), unless I actually have a specific purpose for talking to them.
    Just say "Hello!" in an voice that deems you are actually interested in striking a conversation with them. You dont have to have a rehearsed ultimatum everytime you want to talk to a woman. The more swings you take, the more chances you have at hitting the ball. Talk about the weather, the store they are in, the price of tea in China...it really doesnt matter. What happens if she ignores you and walks away?

Nothing. Which is exactly where you would have been if you never talked to her in the first place.

Buuut, if you strike up a conversation and actually get a good response....Then you are in business.

2) Are there inappropriate places to meet women, for example walking down the street, in a shopping centre? Obviously I understand that clubs are OK (ahh...the missed opportunities) but I'm not a big fan of clubs. Basically, I want to know where the line is. Is there a line?
    No. Short of abortion clinics, Sunday Schools and stripclubs, it really doesnt matter where you meet women. How many people do you know who are dating someone or in a serious relationship that can tell you they met at a bar or club. Probably not a whole helluva lot, unless you hang out with alcoholics. Oh yeah, AA meetings probably should be on that list too

Trust me. The more women you talk to around you, regardless of where it is, the better your chances are of actually getting to know someone and then possibly actually getting a date.

Use this analogy: If you sent out 1 resume a year, what are your chances of getting a job, unless your name is Bill Gates or William Hung? Probably not too good. But, if you sent out 5,000 resumes a year, chances are good you will get a phone call within the week.

Thanks for the advice, Cyborg. Your analogy to a resume helped. I kind of figured that, however there are so many people who say otherwise, it's sometimes hard to separate the mineral from the dross.
    It's like in the Seinfeld episode where...