+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there ground between dating and friends with benefits?

Is there ground between dating and friends with benefits?

This girl and I have had a roller-coaster of two months.
    First we were very close friends,
    then we ignored each other for a week,
    then we were dating for two weeks (but never had sex during it),
    then we stopped seeing each other for a week again,
    now we are casually having sex twice a week with other random "date like" activities thrown in about once a week.

The times that we stopped seeing each other were times when I couldn't take not being with her so I kind of shunned her, and she would apologize and decide to want to hang out on different terms.

The thing is, we will hang out with each other and shoot the shit for a few hours before we have sex, so its not like "lets just **** then gtfo" I am scared of the situation being a friends with benefits situation because I hear they always turn out badly. I do really like hanging out with her, and if its worth noting I have absolutely no feelings of jelousy in any situation, probably because we are 100% open with each other. Also the sex is crazy awesome, and only getting better.

Does this sound like a friends with benefits situation, or an extremely relaxed bf/gf situation where we are simply just not terming it as dating each other? Opinions as to how this will lead on?

[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friends%20with%20benefits]Urban Dictionary: friends with benefits[/url]
    this might help
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Friends with benefits. A true FWB situation does, in fact, involve talking and often "dates" in that you go out, get coffee, go to a game, etc.. but you're locked into not getting romantically attached. It's being good friends with sex.

Just calling and having sex and leaving is a hook-up or casual sex.

You are in a friend's with benefits situation or maybe a very casual dating type of situation. You definitely aren't bf/gf in any way.

It depends what you want. FWB usually end badly because one party ends up wanting a relationship and the other has no interest. If you have interest and she had interest it could turn into a relationship at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by soundcheck52 View Post
    This girl and I have had a roller-coaster of two months.
    Does this sound like a friends with benefits situation, or an extremely relaxed bf/gf situation where we are simply just not terming it as dating each other? Opinions as to how this will lead on?
    Why don't you ask her if you are her what the definition of the relationship is? We can't read her mind/heart.

Better find a nice way to ask it. If she views you as her boyfriend and you ask 'so are we dating or what?' she will be pissed.

I think that the middle ground between FWB and dating would be a bad relationship, like the one that the OP is describing.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.