+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To dump or not to dump

To dump or not to dump

I've been seeing this girl for a while and she's really nice to talk to and I get along well with her but the thing is I'm just not that physically attracted to her. My other concern is this though - I'm not the most outgoing person and because of that I don't really meet a lot of new girls. I'm part of a club at uni but there aren't any other options there - I've either been out with the girls before or been rejected - one or the other. Given I'm not the most outgoing person it's nice to have at least one person I can depend on. So my dilemma is really risk losing the nice friendship I've developed and not finding another or stay with it because it's the best i'll ever have despite not being that physically attracted to her.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be great

Cheers

Squishy

Is she ugly or is she just ok and not the cute/hot girl you want?

Besides the point as long as she's not ugly give her a shot mate. I've met girls that I really wasn't physically attracted to but once I started hanging around and getting to know them it turned completely around.

I remember reading something along the lines of this somewhere:

You meet a girl that looks like a 9/10 but when you get to know her she's a 5/10. You meet a girl that's a 5/10 but once you get to know her she ends up being a 9/10.

think about why your not attracted to her. attraction plays a big part in relationships.

if you really are not attracted to her suggest you just stay friends? how does she feel?
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

if she's not for you she's not for you. no point hanging on to someone because you think you might not meet anybody else any time soon.

Find some new interests, that your friends enjoy and try them out.
    People are always afraid to change what isn't working for them.
    It's easier than you think to find the right, if you give her a chance to get to know you.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, I'd hate to be the girl whose boyfriend stuck around only because he didn't think he could do any better.

Whether or not you can find a new girl, do you think you are being fair to this one? Don't you think she deserves to be with someone who is crazy about her?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You coward. Seeing someone out of convenience is a no-no.
    This is one of the worst things you can do to someone's self esteem, a severe insult.

Don't beat around the bush - let her go immediately, so she can be with someone who truly appreciates her. As for your situation, you shouldn't be wasting someone's time (taking advantage of them) just because circumstances allow it.

You have already hurt her and yourself. Maybe she has missed some good opportunity because of this? maybe you have missed some good opportunity because of this?

I hate relationships where one side is just playing around and not being serious. Its disgusting.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa
    I hate relationships where one side is just playing around and not being serious. Its disgusting.
    I couldn't agree with you anymore, that is what is making me from getting into a relationship, i'm not ready for it financial, but the emotional aspect i'm ready for.
    P.S. sometimes it depends where both of u r in your life, that determines how the relationship will end up.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Given I'm not the most outgoing person it's nice to have at least one person I can depend on.
    Why not keep this girl as a friend and look for someone who you find more attractive? I think that would be the best option for the both of you.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Squishy,
    Just because things might not be working out for you with this woman doesn't mean that you can never find someone else for yourself.You do have hobbies and other things that you like to do I would imagine.Do your hobbies.Join other organizations.There are a lot of different kinds of things that you can do to meet women.Work on your confidence because there is always someone out there that you can date.You just have to work a little harder at it.If you like books,join a book club.Be creative.Your shyness should never get in the way of what your looking for in a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    I've been seeing this girl for a while and she's really nice to talk to and I get along well with her but the thing is I'm just not that physically attracted to her. My other concern is this though - I'm not the most outgoing person and because of that I don't really meet a lot of new girls. I'm part of a club at uni but there aren't any other options there - I've either been out with the girls before or been rejected - one or the other. Given I'm not the most outgoing person it's nice to have at least one person I can depend on. So my dilemma is really risk losing the nice friendship I've developed and not finding another or stay with it because it's the best i'll ever have despite not being that physically attracted to her.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be great

Cheers

Squishy