+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i think i came on a bit strong!

i think i came on a bit strong!

So iv been seeing this girl. We've been on a few dates and it seemed like we were hitting it off. The other night she came round for dinner and we stayed up til late. She had stayed over previously a few nights before. We didnt have sex but messed around a little and had some kissing and cuddling in the morning but she declined to stay this time but we had a bit of a kiss and i walked her home. We had another kiss at her door and i left her. Shortly after i recieved a text. She said that she wants to take things slow and that she's still a bit reserved from a horrible incident that had recently happened to her. She thank me for dinner and a good night. Then wished me sweet dreams. I expressed that i understood and it wasnt an issue for me. saying that i didnt ask her to stay with expectations just that i didnt want her to go home. As i was still a bit drunk i think this came across to strong/intense when i kind of ment the opposite. This was 4am on saturday morning. I text her in the morning asking if she had time for a coffee before work but i havent heard from her since... its 7pm on saturday and im getting a bit worried i scared her off. Should i text her explaining i was still a bit drunk when i sent that and all i meant was i like hanging with her and dont expect anything to happen?? Or do i just leave it. The thing is she's going back to home in a week. And wont be back for several weeks if she decides to come back. Essentially all i want is the chance to see her again before she goes...

Thanks for listening
    Tom*

To be honest, maybe it is just me, but I don't think what you said was all that big a deal. So, personally, my advice would be to just basically pretend it didn't happen. Just go about it as you normally would. If she DOES seem to change her tune, then maybe you talk about it. For now, though, if you go crazy trying to over-apologize, or ask her if things are okay between you and all that, you are just going to be doing the exact opposite of what she said she wants right now.

For now, better to just do as she asked and take things slow. ....Of course, that said, take things slow should not mean NEVER progressing. So, just be careful that her saying she wants to "take things slow" isn't just her way of stringing you along. For now, though, no reason to think she would do that. Just enjoy it and don't over-think it. Good luck.