+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to stay close with ex without feeling depressed ??

How to stay close with ex without feeling depressed ??

My and this girl have been good friends for 2 years now. But we realized we really liked each other so we went out for a month and we just recently broke up (on good terms) We're still gonna be close friends and we're still gonna talk but I feel SOOO AWKWARD !! Like I don't know how to talk to her as a friend cause I still think she's my girlfriend. Also our texts messages aren't the same as before and when ever I see her with other people and not me in school, I get jealous because she used to always be with me and not them. No matter how hard I try, I just can't accept the fact that we're friends after all we went through as a couple. And yes I still love her and she does too. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do cause I still have feelings for her and she told me she does too. But it feels so weird being with her in school. How can I adjust and what can I do ??? I know a lot of you will say to stay away from her for a while or give each other space but we can't because in school we have almost all classes together so Im gonna see her everyday either way. Also she's my prom date and I don't want to ruin my friendship with her seeing how prom is just 2 months away

Quote Originally Posted by NYK09 View Post
    My and this girl have been good friends for 2 years now. But we realized we really liked each other so we went out for a month and we just recently broke up (on good terms) We're still gonna be close friends and we're still gonna talk but I feel SOOO AWKWARD !! Like I don't know how to talk to her as a friend cause I still think she's my girlfriend. Also our texts messages aren't the same as before and when ever I see her with other people and not me in school, I get jealous because she used to always be with me and not them. No matter how hard I try, I just can't accept the fact that we're friends after all we went through as a couple. And yes I still love her and she does too. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do cause I still have feelings for her and she told me she does too. But it feels so weird being with her in school. How can I adjust and what can I do ??? I know a lot of you will say to stay away from her for a while or give each other space but we can't because in school we have almost all classes together so Im gonna see her everyday either way. Also she's my prom date and I don't want to ruin my friendship with her seeing how prom is just 2 months away
    Need more info. Did she end it? What were the reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    Need more info. Did she end it? What were the reasons?
    We broke up because neither of us have a car (we're 17) and how are we gonna see each other outside of high school ?? Once high school is over she doesn't know how we're gonna be together. She's gonna be working 2 jobs plus college and she feels she won't have time for me anymore. I keep telling her we'll find a way but she says she doesn't wanna risk getting hurt if it doesn't work. She says she LOVES me and really doesnt wanna do this but she feels that it's the best for both of us. Also she said "If I don't have time for you, I'm not gonna have time for anyone else" So it's not like she's leaving me for someone else. She wants to be with me but she just doesn't understand that we can still make it work

Also she said "If I don't have time for you, I'm not gonna have time for anyone else" So it's not like she's leaving me for someone else.
    She may not be leaving you for someone else, but she will meet and date someone else. It's bound to happen. No matter how busy a girl is, if she truly loves someone, she'll make time.

She may not be leaving you for someone else, but she will meet and date someone else. It's bound to happen. No matter how busy a girl is, if she truly loves someone, she'll make time.
    That's exactly what I'm saying :'( But she told me that if we find a solution, we can get back together. Also she said she doesn't want anyone else. I know she's not bullish-ting when she tells me these things

That's exactly what I'm saying :'( But she told me that if we find a solution, we can get back together. Also she said she doesn't want anyone else. I know she's not bullish-ting when she tells me these things
    I have a feeling even if you find a solution, she'll come up with a different reason.

I have a feeling even if you find a solution, she'll come up with a different reason.
    Why do u think so ? Cause I'm so serious other than this whole car problem, EVERYTHING was perfect. Like we never had problems or anything wrong it's just been this car problem

Why do u think so ? Cause I'm so serious other than this whole car problem, EVERYTHING was perfect. Like we never had problems or anything wrong it's just been this car problem
    Because it's freaking highschool. Most guys don't have cars, and plenty of them still have girlfriends. You talk on the phone and hang out in school and occasionally you guys can catch a ride from a friend and hang out somewhere. You can tell her you'll be getting a part time job to save up for a car if you think that's the only reason. You can work or go to the same college as her to be together. If she isn't making any effort to be with you, then she might not love you even though she says she does.

I can tell you from experience that a girl who's into you will move mountains to make time for you no matter how hectic her schedule is. If she's too busy for you she most probably doesn't love you no matter what she says and what you want to believe. Like Bonfire I also feel that she's just making excuses. You get a car she'll find another excuse why she can't be with you.
    Coming to your question, accept your situation what it is. Have no expectation to get back with her. Back off a little from her and see how she reacts. She shows signs of interest you may have a chance with her again. She shows no sign of interest, she's decided you're her past. Get over her and move on. You're 17 go date other girls.
    Last edited by jb1111983; 03-04-11 at 06:37 AM.

Because you don't have a car...... I could see maybe an ADULT saying that to another ADULT but geeesh you guys are 17 years old, you just hit puberty a few years ago and she's stressed about not having a car? She either has her priorities mixed up or has NO clue of what she wants. Most likely the second one. Move on man.