+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Loving, but unwilling

Loving, but unwilling

I am British, she is from the US and for the past 3 years I .....I have made our relationship work.

We met, lived together, worked together and then went traveling together. She moved to Europe and I being Eurpean was able to visit her ever 6 weeks or so for a few at a time, spent Christamas together, travelled to Italy together and spent New Year. It was rocky at times and on one occasion i had to go visit her because she was confused. Which was resolved on my arrival. Come Summer I moved out there and worked, after 2 months she went traveling and then returned to the US. I got a job that was going to take me away from her so i thought id suprise her so i flew over and suprised her. On my last day i found out my job didnt exisit and i ended up staying in the states for 3 months. Throughout our relationship i have alwas suggested we travel explore together. She decided to go to Hawaii with a friend, and I returned home, eant money and saved so i could go and see her. I went ou there ofr 2 months. We decided that we would move to new zealand after returning 6 weeks later she ended it over the phone. I decieded to try my luck in australia, and ever so often she would get in touch, saying she missed me. I got drunk and beliving she felt she made a mistake and couldnt afford to see me, got on a plane to come see her. I arrived and found she had been seeing some1 else... akward a tough few weeks, then one day she flips and onceagain shes madly in love, we travel across country and its brilliant we arrive at our destinatation a ski mountain she chose to work at with a friend while we werre apart and the guy she was seein turns up, the people she lives with are all his best friends. Talk about a rock and a hard place, and now i have to share most days in this guys presence

Anyways i leave in a few weeks and I am so confused, went its good its amazing when its bad its sucks its so rocky, and Ive done more than i should. Why do i continue to love her

We desire most what we can't have. Love makes us blind which makes it so much harder to let go. Maybe it's time to work on that.