+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met my first real weirdo but he is two hours north

Met my first real weirdo but he is two hours north

So I play the online dating game. Some guy sent me a nice message. He was cute'ish. I say - "OK it sounds good, you can text me at..."
    oops...
    I was expecting something short and sweet. maybe "good morning, hey this is John and I am looking forward to talking..." You know, the normal shit.
    But no...
    He sends THREE texts. A photo and two were 4 pages long. On my phone, 160 characters is one "sms" page.

Stuff about how he could not stop thinking of me, read my email 20 times (it wasn't THAT great), could not stop looking at my photos, wanted to know if I was seeking a LRT, he said he felt anxious, blah blah.
    I have not even met this guy. We have had exactly two emails swapped. two from him, two from me. Let us not forget he was worried when I didn't reply to the first one.

The lady I am casually dating had a similar experience with a guy she once dated except he was trying to marry her after ONE week. He did something else childish that has become a running joke for us.

I have made the mistake of thinking I am in love after a couple months but who does that after a couple casual emails? I know I am sexy but I am pretty boring otherwise. Been here a month and look at my post count already...

Good news about online dating - I have learned that EVERY man out there wanting to date lives exactly two hours north of my town. Can anyone clear up the reason for THAT while we are at it? I am in a big city. Not like I am in Lost Springs, Wyoming
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

You gave him your telephone number after two conversations. That's a dumb thing to do in my opinion. He probably thinks you're a goer and since you didn't give him a chance to find out about you through email, he's doing it through text.

If you think he's a weirdo then tell him right now that you don't see each other as having anything in common. Next time, keep your digits to yourself until you know who you're giving them too... otherwise, you'll eventually be giving them to Dexter's protege.

As for the 2 hours outside your town. Why don't you limit the people that can actually contact you to those that are within a reasonable time limit outside your town?

Simple.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I have to agree with Wakeup that you should not have given up your phone number so quickly. E-mail and/or IM the guy a while and decide if he seems somebody worthy of having your phone number. It sounds like this guy already gave you subtle signs that he might be a wacko. Which, honestly, I think we all make the mistake of making ourselves look like wackos now and then. It didn't automatically mean he was a wacko. But, you should have at least given him some time to prove he wasn't before giving him your phone number.

That said, you can't change what you have already done. I would definitely suggest NOT dating this guy, or really even having anything to do with him. If he keeps trying to contact you, either let him down as firmly but gently as you possibly can, or make it very clear he is in the friend-zone (though, honestly, he sounds like somebody you probably shouldn't be-friend either). This guy definitely sounds like a nut job to be so obsessed with you without even actually knowing you.

If he realy want to see you he will visit you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He likely is stalking her as we speak. Mwhahahahahahahha
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He's desperate which is never a good sign

Agreed. Desperation is not good in a situation like this, especially when we are talking about somebody that barely even knows you. Heck, he doesn't even "barely even know you." He pretty much doesn't know you at all. Hasn't this guy heard of "playing it cool?" LOL! I mean, I'll admit I'm not the best person to be talking about "playing it cool." ;-) But, I do enjoy that there are people like this out there, because they make me realize I am not as bad as I think. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    He likely is stalking her as we speak. Mwhahahahahahahha
    Wakeup, I knew you cared for me. Oh you can say otherwise but I can just feel the love. You kidder, you.

With him stalking - yeah that would be weird cause too many people don't even bother to show up when invited.
    Can't even get a man to plan a date... I have talked to him a bit, told him I could get out on such and such days and he said he is having christmas at him mom's this weekend. What a crock of shit.

It is like something I heard on TV with two women talking -
    "What would you do if a man was charging towards you as if to attack? How would you stop him?"
    "Ask him for a commitment"

I do not think he is desperate. Well he MIGHT be because he has seen pics of me and yes, I am beautiful. I imagine for every ONE stalker there are 100 flakers.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    Wakeup, I knew you cared for me. Oh you can say otherwise but I can just feel the love. You kidder, you.
    No one loves a douche, princess. Am I kidding?... only I know for sure.