+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship Ended - Need advice.

Relationship Ended - Need advice.

Hi all,

I have just recently split up with this girl i was with for 3 months... however, we still talk to each other etc etc and make contact... she said she just wants to be single for now.

She ended by saying "i want to be single for now, i dont want to be attached"

Anyways, i asked her if there is any chance of us getting back together in the future and she said no - never.
    But the way she acts i think it's possible it could happen. I recieved advice from my friends to stay friends with her and things might eventually work out again because she will start to miss me?

Anyways, i asked her again if we ever would today... and she said no again and i said why, and she said that i'm not her type... the thing that gets me here is why she didnt tell me in the first place?

She said she doesnt want the commitments anymore and nice to have a bit of space.

Quotes such as "i wanted to finish it because i dont want any ties at the moment. i need some space."

She said shes just realised she likes me more as a friend.... but then she said this

"the situation at the mo has made me think like that more though... with me wantin some space"

I asked her why i wasnt her type and she said that i needed "reasuring" all the time... and that im not "Dominant" enough.

She said she doesnt like me in that way anymore, just as a great friend. She said i didnt do anything wrong at all.

I still really really like her... what should i do from now? My friends say leave it for now and she will come crawling back to you eventually because she will start to miss the activities you did together? Is this true?

Tell me what to do. Thanks alot.

It seems to me that she's logged on to some kind of bad excuse network. That she've saved a list in her brain and everytime the subject comes up, she just pick a bad excuse at random. Confront her, ask her what the problem is, and if she keep saying different things all the time, ask her what the problem is, REALLY.

Your friends are right mate. Give her the space she wants so she has the opportunity to miss you and the stuff you did together. Being clingy will not help you, especially as she said that you are not dominant enough and needed constant reassuring.
    Being clingy and like this in a relationship will wear the other person down eventually, so being clingy out of it wont do you any favours either xxx
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

I think you should give her some space. Give her a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Look at the above word for a minute. Does it actually mean something to you..??

When will some of you pathetic people realize that all the "strategies" in the world cannot win someone back? That you can't "make" someone want you or love you?

When will you sad people finally let go and realize "Oh shit, I just got my ass dumped! For real!"

Just leave her the hell alone. It's over. You dated for 3 whopping months. I don't even call someone my girlfriend after 3 months.

You need to realize that no matter how studly you think you might be, this girl simply doesn't want to be with you anymore.

Get over it. It was 3 months. Not like it's enough time to start picking out furniture.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

One word dude!! WUSS!!!! What the hel did u become man?? Man i want to shoot myself for reading bout u did or r still doing!!! Man didn't she tell u wanted 'reassuring' and u weren't dominant enough!! Think on that dude, she gave u all the right reasons for breaking up!! I'm on her side dude!! Well the only way u can get her back, if u want her back that is, which at this point i strongly recommend u shouldn't, one word.....JEALOUSY!! Thats the only way u can try re-ignite the spark!! Go out with some other girl and show her a great time, be a little dominating, don't make a big deal, if she doesn't keep telling u how she feels, show the new girl a whole new u....pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeee!! !!! on behalf of 'real' guys everywhere do it right this time, and if the girl comes back man...heh heh...revenge is so damn sweet...if u get my drift!!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

I hate it when people feel the need to do something to make the other person jealous. DOn't you see you're using the third party? Cruel, cruel.
    Isn't it easier to just move on?
    "Ogres are like onions."

cybog say it all. NO!!! Forget her (not easy i know). You can both stay friends, but only friends, keep away the idea that she'll return to you, 'cause she don't.
    Move on my friend. The sea is plenty of fish, some good some bad. Be wise.
    Once again NO! She'll not return, there will be no sequel...

Sorry to say, but everyone is right man. Forget her. If you just wait for her and dont move on, you will become emotionaly drained and u will always keep on thinking about IF she is gonan crawl back. She probably wont man. I know this isn't what you wanna hear, but its true. Why you want to try to continue if she said she doesn't want the commintment????? Please have some common sense in you. I know ending a relationship sux, but you have to look at some of the pros of all this. If you could get this chick before, then you can surely find another, hopefully better, girl later down the road. good luck!

i think she has another love interst because when i broke up with a guy and told him i just wanted to be alone for now, i ment there was someone else... sorry but thats all that means

Parky, if you want to be her friend then thats all I think you can have with her. From what you have said, it took her a little whille to realise what she wanted out of your relationship, and sadly couldn't find it with you.

I think your friends are right. You need to move on and find someone else. If she changes her mind, she'll let you know.

But you can't wait for her.

Parky---It's really insulting when someone tells you they need 'some space'.

She cant give you what you want. She says she needs some space and that she doesnt want to go out with you again. So shes given you her answer! which is no! go out, get on with your life, and forget about trying to get back with her!