+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusion

Confusion

I've been dating a collegue at work for just over 2 months now and we both agreed to at first not to mention to any of our friends at work about our relantionship as we did not want to be part of the gossip that surrounds every work place.
    However at a recent work party a number of our collegues/friends approached my gf, and questioned her about us as they suspected we were seein each other and she just made up a story sayin we're just friends who have known each other before we met at work through a friend. I went along with this as I didn't want to cause any hassel.
    I can see her point of view not wanting us to be part of gossip but I had to endure hours of constant teasing from the guys since they know I fancy her and they keep eggin me on to ask her out not knowing that we are going out.
    I shouldn't keep these opionions from her I know that but what is the best way of saying why can't we tell people at work? I have spoken to my friends outside of work and they are under the impression she is either embarrassed to be with me or she has has some bad experience with gossip with a previous relantionship.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess you will have to decide which is more important to you - your girlfriend's need for privacy, or your your desire to look studly in front of your coworkers.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

That puts it into more perspective, I should lay the male ego to rest and give her the privacy she wants and respect her wishes, thanks