+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what are your 4th of july plans?

what are your 4th of july plans?

also happy belated canada day too.

i'm doing a big away beach blow out party with a huge group of close friends and their partners and some family. supposed to be 25 of us but it might get past 30 by the time the day rolls around.
    fireworks and all.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

We have Australia Day here. It was months ago though.

We usually picnic, BBQ, get together with family and friends to eat, drink maybe watch some parades, go swimming and catch up.

Enjoy your holiday.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

australia day is similar then, i don't go to any parades though but we have a nice fireworks display when it gets dark out. we are renting a places walking distance to beaches.

some people get to have a hurricane for the 4th.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Hurricane in your summer? Is that when you get them.

Hope no one gets hurt and it isn't too bad because that will ruin festivities.

this one is called - arthur. they always say the ones with the womens names are worse though lmao?

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/07/03/hurricane-arthur/12126311/]Hurricane Arthur heads for North Carolina[/url]
    William Blake

I am one of those lucky people who get to deal with Arthur. **** that storm. Trying to ruin my favorite holiday. Decided last minute to pack up the kids and go back to LA to kick it with my family for the long weekend. Leave in about an hour.

Arthur sounds like a mild mannered accountant :-p

You'll still rock out a good time for your 4th, nico. Is it your favorite holiday? Mine is Christmas. Have a safe flight you and the doggies.

I have today until Tuesday off.. whew! Going to have a big Italian lunch/dinner on into the night hahaha, drink lots, dance, swim and watch fireworks.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

have a great 4th of july hatesthis and nico and both your families and pets. avoid the hurricane and get drunk !
    William Blake

[MENTION=72885]hatesthis[/MENTION]: Thanks for the safe travels. We all got here safe and sound. I think mom was more happy to see the dogs than me ha. Yeah, independence day is my favorite holiday. I go all out. I love lighting up the sky. Christmas is my second favorite tho.
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]: Thanks bro. Hope you have a good 4th too. Hopefully you're somewhere Arthur won't interfere with your plans. I'm one of those guys tho, rain or shine I'm going to be blowing shit up haha. Thank god its perfect weather in LA..

Happy July Fourth! To all the boards Americans.

Hope your hurricane doesn't hurt anyone.

i had a good fourth, some minor issues but when doesn't that occur when you get a big group together lmao hope the rest of you had and are still having a good weekend.
    William Blake

Do you eat hot dogs and burgers for the 4th of July or fancier foods?

Is beer the drink of choice?

yes lots of those 2 foods, plus steaks, actual sausages, corn and other things. and lots of beeeeer, lots of it. that was what i took - plus steaks. the girls made up different salads, the guys worry about the beer and meat lmao.
    William Blake

I had a great time with my family and friends, got a bit sunburnt too, which makes me sleepy/cranky combo, lol... Ate so much fantastic food, everyone in my family are terrific cooks so on holidays they really go all out, not just burgers, but homemade pastas, home made breads, sweets, you name it.... I probably gained 3 lbs and then puked off 1lb.
    Hope everyone elses 4th was wonderful as well.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”