+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with a friend dating....

Help with a friend dating....

Some of you might know me from the "Dumping" forums, and kind of know what I have been through. But I have a new problem now. My friend met this girl over the internet about 6 months ago. And now they claim to be in love with each other... thus my friend is getting ready to move closer to her.

Sounds nice I suppose, except this girl is only 14 years old while as my friend is 21... The age difference alone seems bad but I really have no idea how I should think towards this situation. I know this girl is nice but how could she even understand love? or know what she's going to want when she grows up? Her being so young she still has a lot of changes to go through right?

I don't even see how my friend could understand love either, as he has never been in a relationship with another girl. How can he tell if this girl really loves him? How can he tell if he really loves her? They both feel like no one has ever been interested in them so they have never tried for a relationship before in there’re lives.

This girl is no doubt to young for him and a lot of people are going to frown upon this girl being so young dating someone 7 years older. Now if they were in there’re 20's or 30's etc. etc. this wouldn't even be a problem.

But how should I feel about this and is there anything that I should do to stop them from dating? or should I just leave it be? IS THIS GIRL TO YOUNG FOR HIM? Tell me your opinions?

IS THIS GIRL TO YOUNG FOR HIM?
    I can't believe you are actually asking the question.

Tell your friend he is a godamn jackass, and needs to have his head smashed in and put back together. Because if someone else doesn't do it, they will be sure and take care of him when he is in prison.

I don't know how many ways I can say "****nut", or "moron" to express just how ****ing retarded your friend is. If you don't stop him before it's too late, then your friend will soon be ruining his life. This is the kind of situation that gets people into serious legal, moral, family, social, blah blah issues that you can never return from.

I hope you are not being a pussy, and are screaming to high heaven to both him AND the rest of his friends and family about this situation. If you don't intervene NOW, they will find out sooner or later on the 6 o'clock news.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

yeah I feel the same way. and now that you mention it It's pretty screwed up what he's about to do, but I'll try and stop him anyway I can. Thanks.

Hey man, firstly, its against the law, ya know if he happens to do her or something!! and secondly is he that big a loser to go for a kid, man what the hell!! guys like those should be spanked for even for thinking that and sent to prison, tell yer friend that it definitely isn't the wisest thing to do, especially if it means having a nice time with all the 'boys' in prison!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Well in the last few weeks I've had plenty of conversations with him on how wrong and stupid this is. But as soon as I get into it, he goes off on how depressed he is and lonely. And the more I tell him how it's only going to bring disaster in his life, the more depressed he gets.

This girl hates my guts for trying to convince him this is a bad idea. She's tells him I'm not a worthy friend and that I'm wrong and such... Whatever I say to my friend has no effect at all. He won't listen to anyone accept this young girl.

If I can't stop him then I guess he'll have to learn the hard way... But I'll keep trying as long as he is still around. But when he moves there’s nothing else I can do.

Get a book of criminal law, sexual offence against a minor, and the penalty for it, that should get his brain working again, i hope.................
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!