+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does he keep looking at my profile?

Why does he keep looking at my profile?

6 months ago my ex and I broke up, we had a blazing row which ended with him initiating no contact. (asked me to delete his number, get over it and move on). Which I did, 3 months later he befriended me on facebook. After a couple of odd messages between us, (I say odd because to me his felt closed and guarded) I sent him a message saying this whole facebook messaging thing is a bit of a nonsense so lets just leave it and move on.

I received a ranting email back from him ending with him saying he wants nothing more to do with me (think his ego was a bit dented as I'd basically told him to jog on). Then again 3 months later he is checking my profile on another social site (the site email to say who has looked at your profile) I haven't responded and this was 1 month ago and I've heard nothing since. My question is, why on earth when he initiated no contact would he be checking my profile and 2 how best do I deal with it when every time he does it churns my tummy and I start fondly reminiscing. I just get to the stage where I don't think of him from one month to the next and then there he is in my face again.

Please give advice, thanks and best wishes

It's probably just out of curiosity. If it bothers you that much just block him. Your problem will be solved.

This^

Plus, I've looked up exes repeatedly before (I still do, shush, don't tell). It's because I have regrets and struggled to get over it. In other words he still has feelings for you.

It's difficult for us blokes sometimes because we tend to shove emotions down aggressively, which it sounds a lot like he did when you broke up, forcing closure before he really felt it. It doesn't work and the emotions percolate back up again because we avoid processing them properly as women tend to do. It's just part of the wonderful world of being a bloke.

Ultimately you have to decide what you want and act accordingly.

i think he may not have gotten over you yet. and that makes him curious over what's going on with you

He either misses you or is a snoop and is obsessed with you, if he misses you he should be more straightforward and call you, not snoop online profiles and creep in the shadows at you.

Wow. This guy is annoying as fark.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Wow. This guy is annoying as fark.
    lolzzz ...

I don't think he misses you.
    I don't think he wants you back.
    I don't think he hasn't processed the breakup.

What I think is that he is just a product of todays society of online interaction, social media and the need to have some sort of profile for others to view. His "creeping" your profile(S) IS an addiction. It's that simple.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

^interesting, could well be.