+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would you feel/what would you do.....

How would you feel/what would you do.....

Please help. I really need your advice on this.

Im really insecure at the moment and im suffering with depression. I have noticed that how I am is not healthy so I have been to the doctors and im waiting for professional help.

I have a boyfriend who says that he cares about me, likes me, likes me being with him etc. But im scared that im going to screw up because ive been insecure. I have freaked out on him several times and if he does not answer my call or message, I message him several hours later saying that im sorry for upsetting him.

I realise that I have a problem so I have been to the doctors and am seeking help. But am I wrong for wanting to be in a relationship while feeling like this, am I wrong for wanting a bit more support?

My boyfriend knows about the problems im having, but im scared that im pushing him away.

If you had a partner who was going through this how would you re act? Would you stand by them, care for them, be there for them as long as they are getting help?

Or would this push you away, make you not want to know them anymore.

Please be honest, I need your opinions and advice please.

I was abused in the past by a family friend, it took me a long time to get out of the situation because I was scared and was worrying that people would despise me.

I also had a bad ending to a relationship last year which has not helped me either.

You need to communicate with your partner. If he is telling you that he is gonna stick by you and be there for you then I would hope that he'd keep his word. Even about your insecurities, talk to him about it because if he does care--he'll be there for you thru all of that. Don't be scared to talk about things. A lot of times miscommunication is one of the problems in a relationship.

check the Borderline syndrom out for yourself and you will work it out TOGETHER with your loving boyfriend!