+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What in the world?

What in the world?

So my ex and I broke up back in February (he dumped me), and we've still been seeing each other and having sex. We're having a bit of a pregnancy scare and what he said last night about it shocked the hell out of me.

He asked if I thought I'm pregnant, and I said no. He then asked if I want to be pregnant, and I said, "No, do you want me to be?" And his response was, "I dunno." He then says he doesn't necessarily want me to get or be pregnant, but he wouldn't mind if I was.

Then later we got on the subject of raising children as a single parent, and my ex said if I were to ever get pregnant, he would not want to raise the child separately...so he'd want to get back together. I told him that a child does not solve relationship problems and we wouldn't be able to jump into anything if I turned out to be pregnant because the problems will still be there. He said it wouldn't be fair to the child if we didn't get back together. He told me this about 3 different random times in the few hours we spent together.

He used to be cautious about being protected when we'd have sex, or I'd be on the pill. Now, he has thrown caution out the window (I guess I have too). I'm getting back on the pill next week though.

I am sooo confused by this. Why would he not mind if I got pregnant...we're not even together thanks to HIM! Is he looking for an excuse to get back with me or something? Our friends and family are really against us getting back together right now, so that's the only explanation I can think of. What do you guys think?

... Stop having sex with your ex.

Seriously.

If you want to get back in a relationship with him, and he feels the same-- then work on your issues and go from there.

Having sex with him is just stopping the both of you from moving on.

Talking about having children when you can't even keep a stable relationship without that added stress is INSANE. If this is his way of getting back together with you, again, WTF. Does he not realize what a child would actualy mean?

If you refuse to stop the sex, protect yourself. If he's not bringing condoms, go buy some and request he use them until you're back on the pill-- hell, even after you're on the pill. I think you becoming pregnant by someone with whom the relationship has failed is a terrible idea.

Why in the world do you, and others like you put yourself in situations where you have to wonder about such things? Cut off all contact. Find someone else to commit to. You don't need to risk your independence with this selfish asswipe who'd probably get a kick out of getting your prego.

Seriously. The answer is that obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why in the world do you, and others like you put yourself in situations where you have to wonder about such things? Cut off all contact. Find someone else to commit to. You don't need to risk your independence with this selfish asswipe who'd probably get a kick out of getting your prego.

Seriously. The answer is that obvious.
    I couldn't put it better myself and the answer is obvious.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you are stupid, Tori. I take back what I said about you being a sensible girl in control of her emotions.

I don't feel bad for either of you, you are adults, do what you like. I feel sorry for any child that comes of your ongoing disaster.

WAke the **** up. You know better.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

This whole situation makes absolutely no sense.

Losers
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe