+ Follow This Topic

Thread: frustrating situation

frustrating situation

hi everyone. this is my first post! ill make it worthwhile!

basically, im confused. i am in college and met a girl last year through an org./commitee that meets frequently. i got to be pretty good friends (not best friends but not acquantance level either) with her over the summer (though only through the org. events, never just hanging out as friends). although many of my friends are her friends, i never really had a chance to be with her outside of the professional zone, until recently. she called me over to her apt for a kickback with not too many people. the girl/guy ratio turned out even, and ended up playing truth or dare. i ended up leaving for a little to pick up a friend, but when i got back, one of her friends had told me "____ picked truth last time and she chose you out of anyone she'd have sex with (while considering possible repurcussions afterwards)." though i found it shocking, it wasnt a complete surprise. first, everyone was a little buzzed. and second, my intuition the weeks before made me feel like she mightve had something for me. anyways, the night went on and coincidentally, our dares ended up pairing each other (a weird card game involving guys and girls to pick cards). we made out, flirted, etc.. because of this dare game. after that night, i felt confused as to what she really wanted. after meeting her at meetings and other more formal parties, shes treating me like a normal friend (maybe even less of friend?). im not sure what to make of this. if she liked me, wouldnt it be easier to tell than before that kickback? also, the truth or dare game required you to tell the truth or drink 1 or 2 shots. why would a girl go out and answer something so private if the cost was low? basically, im confused whether she has real feelings for me or not (presently). also, how am i supposed to deal with this? i never even considered her as my type (though i thought she was attractive) since last year, but now i cant stop thinking about her. plus it feels weird at important meetings now because i dont know whether i should take her previous actions/words seriously. any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by sanada21; 23-10-06 at 05:03 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Someone who is old enough to attend important meetings sounds kind of old for truth or dare, don't you think?

Anyway, she probably likes you. Why don't you ask her out?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

She did everything but put up a neon sign that says "I want you" over her bed, and from her perspective, you're not really interested. You've probably been taking all of your cues from her and also treating her like a "normal friend". Her tender female ego is probably a little hurt.

Do you want her or not? Evidently, she's into you if you want her, but I think you need to make up your mind pretty soon or she's just going to give up on you.

the thing is, i feel like ive held back my emotions for her from the day i met her because of the fact that we are working in a team in a professional environment(usually). so when i first met her, yeah i thought she was attractive and someone i could potentially date, but the possibility of it turning sour and creating problems for the team made me not think about her at all. now that ive gotten some affirmation on what her intentions were (though its still speculation), i dont know what to do. if she likes me, and has given me the signs, should i go for it knowing that it could potentially mess up the productivity of our team? its a big gamble is it not?