+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [News] Two suicide bombers kill at least 36 on Moscow subway

[News] Two suicide bombers kill at least 36 on Moscow subway

Two explosions blasted Moscow's subway system Monday morning as it was jam-packed with rush-hour passengers, killing at least 34 people and wounding more than 25. Russia's top investigative body said terrorism is suspected in the blasts.

MOSCOW (AP) — Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up on Moscow's subway system as it was jam-packed with rush-hour passengers Monday, killing at least 36 people and wounding more than 30, the city's mayor and other officials said.

Emergency Ministry spokeswoman Svetlana Chumikova said 23 people were killed at the Lubyanka station in central Moscow. The station is underneath the building that houses the main offices of the Federal Security Service, or FSB, the KGB's main successor agency.

A second explosion hit the Park Kultury station about 45 minutes later. Chumikova said at least 12 were dead there.

Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzhkov said both explosions were believed to have been set off by female suicide bombers as the trains entered the stations. In the first case, officials said the explosion was on the train; there was no immediate information on the location of the second blast.

"The first data that the FSB has given us is that there were two female suicide bombers," Luzhkov told reporters at the Park Kultury site.

Russia's top investigative body also said terrorism was suspected.

The last confirmed terrorist attack in Moscow was in August 2004, when a suicide bomber blew herself up outside a city subway station, killing 10 people.

Responsibility for that blast was claimed by Chechen rebels and suspicion in Monday's explosions is likely to focus on them and other separatist groups in the restive North Caucasus region.

The Moscow subway system is one of the world's busiest, carrying around 7 million passengers on an average workday, and is a key element in running the sprawling and traffic-choked city.

The blasts practically paralyzed movement in the city center as emergency vehicles sped to the stations. Helicopters hovered over the Park Kultury station area, which is near the renowned Gorky Park.

Passengers, many of them in tears, streamed out of the station, one man exclaiming over and over "This is how we live!"

At least a dozen ambulances were on the scene.
    Source - http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-03-29-moscow-subway-blast_N.htm
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Putin should screw their asses for that. i mean, I know they fight for freedom but I will never aprove killing civilians. They should kill politicians and not innocent people. Alors, terrorists don't deserve to live.
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I will never understand women who could do this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I will never understand women, period.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I will never understand women who could do this.
    You understand men who do the same?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    You understand men who do the same?
    I don't understand certain aspects of men ever... they generally have a much higher tolerance for violence than I do. But women? Despite all our faults, we are supposed to be the bringers/nurturers of life.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-03-10 at 11:25 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't understand certain aspects of men ever... they generally have a much higher tolerance for violence than I do.
    Well, I don't get them either >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Putin should screw their asses for that. i mean, I know they fight for freedom but I will never aprove killing civilians. They should kill politicians and not innocent people. Alors, terrorists don't deserve to live.
    putin... don't mess with this man..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    putin... don't mess with this man..
    I have read an article where he said that 'people who are responsible for this, must be destroyed'. It definately didn't help them get freedom. Now they just have angry Putin on their back
    I wazzzz here

argh...no comments...it's a very touchy subject for everyone...i feel for all....
    Last edited by Indignant; 30-03-10 at 12:49 AM.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Seriously, these people are cowards. Especially Hezbollah, that group pisses me off the most.

They sit over in Palestine, and purposely go out of their way to have all of their missile launchers stationed in schools and other high-profile public areas. Then they decry, "Look, world! You see the evil of the Jews, attacking and killing school-children?" What else can an Israeli general do, sit back and watch as the missiles keep firing at his civilians? I'm sure he doesn't enjoy ordering attacks on casualty-prone areas, but he has no choice. If Hezbollah cared so much about the Palestinian people, it would stop using them as human shields. At that point, reasonable people stop caring about your cause, whether it's just or not.

Москва... раз, два, три.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    argh...no comments...it's a very touchy subject for everyone...i feel for all....
    I believe we're of the same mind on this one.

Enough said.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We need to start strip searching women in the subways.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yay!!!! I just might have to start taking metro!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast