+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Knock on neighbors door, invite her somewhere after 1 long walk?

Knock on neighbors door, invite her somewhere after 1 long walk?

I asked this in another thread but only got one response and it died.

Basically i have a new neighbor friend, extremely hot, late 30's, has a dog like me, last weekend she saw me coming down the street and stood there and waited. We proceeded to walk around the local park for about an hour talking about our dogs, career, some past stuff, etc...

When we about got to her place, her phone rang, she took a few seconds to take the call. We continued walking closer to her house and then while still on the phone she said she had to go or something, nice meeting u, swapped names, and finished with a handshake. This was last Sunday.

We had briefly chatted the weekend before that in her front yard, but by brief i mean, we let our dogs play for a min or two and made small talk, not really an introduction.

I've been trying to walk by her place more often, and "accidentally" run into her to no luck. I wanna just go knock on her door and invite her for a walk or ask her to come to a dog park w/ me....I think it'll come across as too desperate or forward, but i'm annoyed by not being able to accidentally run into her!

One friend told me i should and that it would show i'm interested, the one reply here said bad idea/red flag and desperate.

Idk if i'll do it this weekend but maybe next if i still can't run into her

is the reward worth the risk?

what happens if she says no?
    what happens if she really does then find u odd?
    what happens if she says yes?

etc etc, u just need to work out just how much this matters to u, afterall u could go for a walk and still not get anywhere, no harm in trying?

I really don't see why it would seem too "desperate" for you to go over and ask her if maybe she'd like to go for a walk in the park...In fact it shows that you're mature and are being yourself and a woman like this will appreciate it. This isn't some 19 year old girl and it's not like you never met before so that's why taking some initiative won't hurt.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you sure she isn't married? If she isn't married, I think Asip's advice is spot on. Women like males who act like men. be bold!

If she agrees to go on the walk, ask her if she'd be interested in going out next weekend.

If she says she's unavailable but gives you her number, call her later and ask her out (she's interested).

If she says she's unavailable and leaves it at that, she's not interested and limit your interaction with her to just when you actually do run into her accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveHurts09 View Post
    is the reward worth the risk?

what happens if she says no?
    what happens if she really does then find u odd?
    what happens if she says yes?

etc etc, u just need to work out just how much this matters to u, afterall u could go for a walk and still not get anywhere, no harm in trying?
    I'm not hung up on her if thats what your saying. But i do find her very attractive and based on our conversation we have things in common and getting to know her more intrigues me. I just don't wanna appear to eager by randomly showing up at her front door if that makes sense. I don't want to spoil it if there is a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I really don't see why it would seem too "desperate" for you to go over and ask her if maybe she'd like to go for a walk in the park...In fact it shows that you're mature and are being yourself and a woman like this will appreciate it. This isn't some 19 year old girl and it's not like you never met before so that's why taking some initiative won't hurt.
    I had a rough breakup with my ex and ending up feeling like anytime i tried to take initiative or do something nice it was a sign of desperation...so maybe it is some of that creeping into my mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Are you sure she isn't married? If she isn't married, I think Asip's advice is spot on. Women like males who act like men. be bold!
    Positive she isn't married....whether shes seeing anyone, i'm not 100% sure of.

Thanks for replies, more here so far than elsewhere

That's totally normal..The type of mentality you have since the rough break up and all...As you slowly get your confidence back things will go much easier and you won't have to analyze too much whether to do this or that.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

seems to have had company most of the day

i drove back home and saw her out w/ her dog in front of her house, tried to get my dog and get over there but by the time i got there another car was in her drive!

Little miss popular apparently

I think your letting you're fear control you. You had a bad break up which is going to psychologically send you into a tailspin for a while. Like what was said before, you will regain your confidence, but naturally you probably are a little afraid of how this woman may perceive your potential offer.

Either way, a person who is good for you will not make you feel uncomfortable in any way when it comes to something like this, but you never know until you ask.

You're showing confidence and assertiveness by approaching her, you are not acting desperate in the least. She will take it as a compliment no matter which way it goes. You need to stop trying to "accidentally" bump into her and intentionally make contact. By accidentally bumping into her and asking you may give off the wrong vibe, making her feel like an object of convenience.

I mean this in a good way, but what you need is a swift kick in the butt to get yourself jump started and out of whatever slump you might be in. This happens all the time when people have messy separations.

A good friend of mine is going through it right now. We took him downtown last night to get him out and he refused to do anything. I found a couple of cute girls out dancing with each other and invited them to our table. Then I just sat back and watched it unfold into a much better night. Its all in your head.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger