+ Follow This Topic

Thread: being too picky?

being too picky?

I want to know whether I'm being a little too nitpicky.

My boyfriend and I live an hour and a half apart during the summer, so we only get to see each other once a week since we both have school/work. When we do get to see each other, I think we miss each other so much that we just lie there and catch up and makeout or whatever. I enjoy it, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I'm afraid I'll get tired of this really quickly. I've always been a hopeless romantic and I know he loves me a lot, but sometimes he's a little clueless. I don't want to get bored. Is there anything I can do or say to him? Or should I just stop being nitpicky? I'm not bored yet. I just want to prevent that from happening.

I'm don't see the problem... at all.
    if you're happy, good. If you get bored there's nothing you can do.
    Visio Ego Est Visio Dei

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't worry about down the road so much. Concentrate on the now!

If things are good right now, then why worry?! Just go with the flow.

I think its good you both have that distance so that when you DO hang out, you actually have something to say to each other. Ever hear the saying :"Absence makes the heart grow fonder?"

If you spent every day together, I think it would get old alot faster. As long as you have something to say to each other and you look forward to seeing each other, I don't see a problem.

I think your just looking at the big picture too much, which is easy to do. Just take things a step at a time.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand the nature of your problem. Are you saying that ALL you do is make out when you see him? A girl can't live on kisses alone. I think you should have more to do with each other than lay around making out. You need to experience some non-sexual fun together.

BTW - I think you ARE getting a little bored, or it wouldn't occur to you that this is a problem in the making.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyx
    I'm don't see the problem... at all.
    if you're happy, good. If you get bored there's nothing you can do.
    Knowing what life is like you should make the most out of it after all you or your bf could be ran over by a bus tomorrow! god forbid!
    I apologise in advanced for my atrocious spelling. The advice or View I give probably wont be much good but it may help some one make a good suggestion!
    Cheers Steve

You need a hobby. Sabotaging your relationship isn't a hobby. You should try knitting, or Sudoku.