+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he messages me only when he lacks company

he messages me only when he lacks company

i have known this guy for the last 3 yrs (me ex colleague). I kinda like him and i dnt know if he is ware of this fact. Anyways lately i have seen that he only asks me out when he is lacking company....what does this means?

It means that he doesn't respect you. Ignore him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

How do you know he's lacking company? Did he say: "I don't have any company, would you like to go out?"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

yes some thing of the same kind... want to go bt cant coz lacking company !!

Have you ever asked him out when you wanted company? Have you ever asked him about seeing each other more? Have you ever actually told him "No" to one of these invites or are you always available?

You've not given much information about your relationship other than he sometimes dates you and you "kinda" like him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

well lets say that since i liked him i tried asking him out...at times he went at times he didnt.... so now when he asks me i wud just say no ...bt mostly it wud be like "lacking company ...so want some to go..blah blah" ...or else he wud say "i am going with frndz, join if you want"

Looks like he considers you a friend that he includes in his plans with or without his other friends. Have you ever invited him to your place for a nice dinner date or anything like that?

I dunno... If you like him you have to let him know that you're interested in more than just a platonic friendship. If he doesn't ack romantic to you or flirt with you in anyway though, I'd say he's just being friendly with someone he likes as a friend.

He's not going to ask you out when he is busy.. I only ask my friends to meet me, or try and arrange a date, when I am bored and/or lonely. Otherwise it wouldn't occur to me to try and get in touch with people.

Maybe he's trying to look cool, and messing it up. Sometimes when I try and act casual I come across like I don't care at all - I'm not very good at it.

it means you a simple back up, and of course he is going to continue doing this because you always seem to be there when hes bored, simple as that.

It could mean he likes you enough to be a friend with benefits. Is that wrong? You may want to take some initiative to find out if there is anything more.