+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does the chase end ?

When does the chase end ?

To make a long story short, met a guy, felt attracted (mutual) but was a little afraid of his past behaviour- since then, been over at his house (last Friday), spent the night (nothing happened but a lot of fun-no sex) Now daily calls....

As I mentioned in this other topic, he's been asking me out for a month or so- I never had time (truth- bought another house and stuff, a lot to arrange) maybe that is exactly what got me this far as from his point of view I may have been playing "hard to get"

exactly when does this game end ? If....and i'm pretty sure he will, he asks me out this weekend, what do I do ? go with ? or is that too easy ?

We've never kissed even....

Hard to say. A guy once chased me all over town for six months and as soon as I slept with him, he was gone like the wind.

Either I really suck in bed or it was just about putting another notch in his bedpost. My boyfriend promises me it's the second one (but he would say that, wouldn't he?).

You have to look at this guy's romantic history to be able to predict how he will behave. Sure, he might be different with you, but let's face it, most guys don't really change. If he's got kids he isn't supporting strewn across the country and ex-girlfriends who remember that spectacular black eye he gave them, he's probably going to chase you until he catches you and then drop you- just like a dog with a tennis ball.
    Spammer Spanker

I know he's got 2 kids that he never sees or is interested in them(does pay for them!) which sorry to say (for all that do have kids) I'm glad off...I don't have any aspirations in that departement. I also know he's been married twice.

I'm not looking to change any guy (been there, tried that !) and basically I don't want anything off him except some fun and a good time. I like paying my own morgage !

I'm just awestruck that we get along so well....that i'm looking into this one a little bit further

Okay, just don't fool yourself. If you were one of my girlfriends, we'd be sitting on the floor, drinking a bottle of red wine, making a list of his good and bad qualities.

The fact that he's disinterested in his own kids would go on the "bad" side.

Sounds like the key to success with this guy is lowered expectations. Very low. Oh, and also conscientious use of condoms. He could be dirty. Sometimes those bad guys are pretty irresistible, no?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Sometimes those bad guys are pretty irresistible, no?
    unfortunately yes

Bad always wins a girl's heart.

what are some of the past things that make you wonder?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    what are some of the past things that make you wonder?
    What do you mean. I don't understand the question.

oh. i was asking the original poster what the things were from her past that made her wonder about him...

@gigabitch: you drink the red wine....i'll have whiskey
    but I think we'd need a couple of bottles to finish these lists.

Hell, don't wanna marry the guy....but there's me definately taking precautions, got condoms packed...but maybe I should put one over my heart too. Haven't got to that stage yet because what you say "low expectations" is exactly what i'm preaching to myself. I'll try to enjoy the fun part, and not look into the future too much.

@misombra: what do you mean exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngirl View Post
    but was a little afraid of his past behaviour-
    __________________________________________________ ____

LostNotFound Guest
    this has been on my mind for a while too.

about the past behaviour: as we work at the same place i've met quite a few of his friends who occasionally go out with him....he parties for nights in a row (meaning...not going home in between !) but still manages to show up for work on Mondays (speed ?) I know that as a teenager he was a heroin-addict- yes he was the one to tell me- even showed me his needle marks. I know he's been married twice. And recently (I think a couple of months- but I never asked) he broke up with a girl whom he lived with- they're still friends.

I know you're all frowning by now (which is why I never explained the "bad" boy stuff in the other topic) but see, i've been there myself, only a long time ago...and I had the excuse I was getting back at the world (or men) because of abusive childhood.

For Gigabitch, to add some positives to the list, he's climbed up on the ladder at the companies he works and manages 60 people under him. Even though sometimes he looks like roadkill, he still manages to show up at work on time (and his boss whom I know very well says he does a very good job)

Yesterday my direct colleague (and close friend of him and myself) had a conversation with him about me. He told my colleague that he was crazy about me but he wouldn't sleep with me ???

VD ??? maybe ?

lol this reminds me of those "lowered expectations" skits on saturday night live or something.

please explain....I live in Belgium ...dunno what you mean !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast