+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not completely over my ex?

Not completely over my ex?

Hello everyone. First, I would like to say thank you for any help or advice I get; I sincerely appreciate it. I got out of a 4-year relationship (off and on) over 8 months ago, and I am currently single. Over the course of our relationship, we had several small misunderstandings which resulted in short break-ups, as well as a break-up that lasted 5 months. During the time we were broken up for those 5 months, my ex did some things which extremely hurt me, and I still don't think I have forgiven her for doing what she did. Anyway, after I took her back after our 5 month break-up, which I still regret doing to this day, we were together for another 6 months before breaking up for good. During those 6 months together again, we seriously talked about marriage and starting a life together after we both graduated from college, but things obviously did not work out that way. I truly loved and cared about my ex, and it took a long time for me to get over her and our relationship. For the majority of time we have been broken up, I haven't thought about her or even us as a couple, and I feel like I have completely moved on. I have come to the realization that we are not meant to be together (we are just two different people with different interests and values, and we never seemed to see eye-to-eye, especially about important things), and I continually look forward to finding the person that I meant to be with. Lately, however, I have been thinking a lot about my ex, and we have been in contact with each other more than we had in the past (since our break-up). She seems completely over us, and it appears that she has moved on as well, even to the point where she is seriously dating. I still know that we aren't meant to be together and I don't ever foresee us getting together again (I, personally, would not let it happen), but I still feel a little bit jealous when she talks about the guys she is dating or when she talks about all of the fun she is having without me. I don't know why I am feeling this way, and I would like to move on from it as soon as possible, so is there anyone who can help me to stop feeling this way? Any help, insight, advice, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Get out there. Date. Pimp. Do something.
    Talking to her is keeping you thinking about her.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeA
    Get out there. Date. Pimp. Do something.
    Talking to her is keeping you thinking about her.
    word to that!
    (and so is talking ABOUT her )

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think everyone has an ex they are not completely over, or maybe even wonder if things would be better/different if they got back together. Chalk it up to that and move on. In time you'll meet someone who will make you forget a lot of those feelings.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi