+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Today was a really rough day for me.

anachronistic Guest

Today was a really rough day for me.

Well, before I even continue with my story, I would like to start off on a good note, and hope that you all have been having a good week.

My apologies for the lack of order, repetition and what not. - I am still quite drunk and a little shakey about what happened today

Today... my today... was also yesterday, and the day before, because I haven't gone to bed since then. I had a lot of stuff to finish; I had just gotten the new Leopard OS for my Mac, and I put Windows back on my laptop, and I have been setting that up... but I decided last night, that I wanted to go fishing the next morning, as soon as the sun rises - this is something I don't do very much. I usually go out there around 11am, but this time I headed out at 4 in the morning. If you don't fish, the reason why I left so early is because when the sun is just peeking over the horizon, that is a very good time to fish.

So I rounded up my fishing supplies, my drawing equipment, and other things that I take along when I go fishing, and I was out the door. I got to the river... man, it was such a beautiful view. I love watching the sun rise, especially over there, on the indians' land. It was a little foggy, but the sky was bright pale orange, and pink and purple... so anyway, I set up my fishing poles, and got my drawing stuff out. I unfortunately could not draw for very long, because it sprinkled a bit here and there.

I didn't catch much. I was using smelt as bait. I lose all 3 of the fish that I almost caught. Just by the way they tugged on the lines, I could tell that they were pretty decent sized catfish. But I reeled in, and started using poppers. Poppers are a good lure for attracting bass. The small bass that swim at the top, to be exact. I have caught more small bass with poppers than I have of any other fish. I love fishing for bass... just wish I knew how to cook it. Today though, I only caught one bass. Smallmouth. I did get a picture of myself holding it, and I thought about posting it on the forum, but it is such a horrible picture of me I was also going to post the drawings I wanted to do, but I unfortunately didn't get to do them.

But back to the story... at about 7 o'clock, my good friend's uncle showed up. It looked like he got the snot kicked out of him; almost all his clothes were missing, he had cuts all over his face, bruises and stab wounds all over his body, and it was like nothing I have ever seen. He didn't really know what was going on. He didn't remember what he was doing there, he didn't even know what time it was. He thought it was 11am because the sun rises so quickly out here... I guess he messed up his watch too. But I tried to figure out what happened. I was going to give him a ride back home, but I wanted to wait until noon, since I was fishing. But he wandered off, looking for his car, and some clothes to put on. I wish I had clothes to give, but I am poorer than he is! I did give him my canteen.

Anyway, I told him to stick around until noon, and I would take him back over to his house. He said alright and wandered off. 2 hours later, he shows up with some strange looking indian's, and introduced me to them. They handed me a beer, and we hung out for a while. I really don't mind indians... believe it or not, there is a lot of prejudice between indians and whites, especially where I live... but I am usually well liked by both crowds, because I am such a wonderful amazing guy. *ahem* but anyway, they wanted me to start tippin' the whiskey bottle with them, and smoke some weed and all that, but I had plans to do. And besides, I don't smoke marijuana. I don't smoke at all. I would have drank some of the whiskey, but like I said, I had plans to follow through with. These indians were pretty cool. They called themselves coyotes. Very generous people. Too generous, in my opinion. That's what I like about natives though. They are really good friends to have, even though they have some problems.

Anyway, I wanted to get out of there, but I think I had 12 beers at the least - I was wayyyy too drunk to drive anywhere. So some of the indians headed out after a while, and one of them stayed with my friend's uncle and I. My friend's uncle was so drunk that he couldn't even speak clearly anymore. We didn't know what he was saying. And then he started crawling all over the ground, and laughing, and it was just plain ****ing weird. We took his drink away from him and told him to just pass out. As soon as he passed out, I took the indian back to his house, which was 18 miles from where we were. He really appreciated me giving him a ride - not too many people would do that out here. He kept trying to give me all this stuff as his way of thanking me, but I told him that it was on me. We got to his place, and he would not let me leave without taking a case of beer, so I really thanked the guy, we shook hands, exchanged phone numbers, and I was on my way.

Will someone shoot me for driving drunk? I didn't get hurt, I didn't wreck my car or anything, but I am NEVER doing that again. I usually don't even drink that much.. except on the weekends when I hang out with my friends.

Anyway, I was too drunk to take my friend's uncle home, and so I just drove back home. He was in a secluded spot where not many people really know about, so I was sure he'd be fine, as long as there weren't any rattlesnakes or mountain lions or anything.

As soon as I got home, my mother asked me if I had seen my friend's uncle. I said yes, and she told me to call them up because they were out searching for him. I guess what happened, is that he drove out there, and he crashed his car drunk. And then he was walking around by the water, waving his gun around, and people took it away and turned it in. I am not exactly sure what happened, but that guy would never wave a gun around, or point it at anyone, unless he meant business. I think the people messed with him. I think they ganged up on him, and that's why he pulled his gun out. And then he got the shit kicked out of him.

So my friend and his family came out to the river, and picked me up. We found the uncle, right where I left him... still passed out. By the way, this guy is a discharged marine, he was a hell's angel, he was tougher than nails. But he got beat so bad, that he started crying when we woke him up. He was still drunk, too.

We took him to the police station to report everything. He took a breathalyser test and blew a 2.27. Imagine how drunk he was while he was actually drinking. This guy is in all kinds of trouble right now, but I am sure he'll be fine.

You know, if I never went to the river today, this guy would have probably died over there.

I'd just thought I'd give you a glimpse of my daily life back at home. There's lots of poor people around here. There are indians that live in the middle of nowhere, without electricity and running water. I am lucky my parents can afford that. This is how a lot of poor people are around here. We're all friends. But I am sick of shit like this happening. I am under the suspicion that my brother and his friends were the ones that ganged up on this guy. Right now I really don't know what to think. It's time for me to go back to sleep. I feel like I have a cold - my nose is all stuffed up and I have a headache.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The correct term is Native American. At least I assume you're talking about Natives. I hate terms like African American, Latin American, etc., but calling a Native American an Indian isn't only insulting, it's pretty goddamn stupid when you think about it.
    Last edited by Gribble; 03-07-08 at 06:51 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

that's a crazy story.

don't be driving drunk lilwang.

oh yeah, and don't be losing those fish! you have to yank before you reel.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    The correct term is Native American. At least I assume you're talking about Natives. I hate terms like African American, Latin American, etc., but calling a Native American an Indian isn't only insulting, it's pretty goddamn stupid when you think about it.
    You know what's funny? Indians call themselves indians around here. And this is like indian city over here. So lay off with the political bullsh*t. It's just the way I talk. It's the way we talk over here. Hmm since you idolize Mark Twain so much, I'd think you would be the last person to bitch about that. I don't know how many indians you know, but I am pretty damn sure that I know more than you do. I know most of the indians that are currently in the Cheyenne River Sioux tribe, and a few from Sicangu Oyate Ho. I also know Native Americans from all over, who go to my university (which is one of the best universities to study Native American history, language, and all) And I have NA heritage. And I even live with some of them! So who do you think you are to be calling me stupid? Just about as dumb as you arguing with me about my knowledge of German history.

edit: by the way, is this your failed attempt at justifying your immature comments that you send to me?

Hau ab.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 04-07-08 at 04:19 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Yeah Somby, it's crazy. I love it, but I hate it. This kind of thing happens in my life on a daily basis... I am sick of it, you know?

Do you fish a lot?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol dude you got wasted in the morning? I used to drink rum in the morning with my breakfast and have coffee liqueurs in late morning while working in the yard, but I'd be wary of getting hammered in the AM hours

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need to get the hell out of there, LW.

Do the project I said. Make lots of money. Run & don't look back.

But take your sister. And make the hell sure SHE goes to school. Kill any potential boyfriends until she is about 40.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRRn9NoZs8s"]YouTube - Eminem - Lose yourself[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ha! top story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I thought he meant Indians from India?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    I didn't think the week could get any worse. But my brother got arrested for the second time this week... and I had to make the call.

He was arrested yesterday for vandalizing something at a gas station. I don't know very much about it... came back in the middle of the night, and my parents took parts out of his vehicle that they bought for him, so that he could not drive anywhere today and get into trouble.

When he found out, he broke all kinds of things around the house... including the railing on our deck, and the windshield to my stepdad's car. We don't have the kind of money to fix that stuff.

Parent's kicked him out of the house. He's sitting in jail right now. Parents are pressing charges.

And it's all my fault. It's always big brother's fault. That's what I get for looking out for everyone... for saving people from dying at the river... for saving puppies and talking to old people in nursing homes, and anything else I have ever done for anyone.

All his friends... that girl I took out on a date... everyone, they ****ing hate me now. Sometimes I just want to run away and never come back. I wish I had no feelings. I wish I had no sense of right or wrong, and I wish nothing ever bothered me.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=hfJsrJ-lKGc"]YouTube - Radiohead - Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was[/ame]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are ppl who had it much worse than you, LW & survived. I know a man who was a child of alcoholics & had the crap beaten out of him until he ran away from home. He worked himself thru college, lived in Japan for a number of years & now runs a successful business. He has a lovely wife & daughter and is one of the nicest people I have ever known.

Do what you must to live, hun. Ultimately, you can't look after others unless you first take care of yourself. Long term view, look to the future.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Yeah Somby, it's crazy. I love it, but I hate it. This kind of thing happens in my life on a daily basis... I am sick of it, you know?

Do you fish a lot?
    been fishing my whole life. i come from a long line of fisherman. my grandfather was a great fisherman. my dad is good too but nobody could catch more fish than my grandfather. he went fishing every weekend.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.