+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Indecisive love triangle, opinions gratefully sought..

Indecisive love triangle, opinions gratefully sought..

Hi Everyone

This is my first post and I'm a little unsure as to how best to explain my situation.

I have a slight dilemma, I have always been quite indecisive when it comes to love matters, some may say I'm a fool when it comes to love, as I'm sure many of us are also? I'm 33 live in the UK and have been in love a couple of times, the longest relationship I have had was 3 years, but split two years ago and apart from the odd date have been single since. I'm looking for that really special person to spend the rest of my life with, I don't like being single and am conscious that time is flying by.

I joined a dating website and met a really nice girl (Ali), we share the same sense of humour and similar activities, we have met on a number of occasions to go mountain biking and dog walking, we get on very well together and things seem great. I haven't made any first move as she stated she was into dating on her profile but wanted nothing serious, since meeting though we have become quite close and think she would not reject me if I tried to kiss her.

However the other day, out of the blue, in fact after 16 years I bumped into an old school friend (Laura), I always had a massive crush on her during school. We've met up a few times now and went out the other night to a gig, things went great, we had a great night and felt really close even after all the years. It was as if the 16 years apart were but a weekend apart only, we sat close to each other and at the end of the night it was quite a tense moment when we said our goodbyes. I'm meeting her again tonight and over the weekend too.

Since meeting Laura I've not been in touch with Ali until she got in touch the other day to ask if I was ok and wanted to go out somewhere.

In short I have met two really nice girls and like them both, I haven't made the first move as I'm really quite shy when it comes to women and making the first move even though I'm quite extroverted when it comes to life in general.

I thought perhaps leaving it and seeing how things develop? Taking it easy, but this has worked against me in the past. I guess we never know how decisions we make will come to affect us in the future, I didn't want to get involved straight away or hurt anyone or get hurt myself..

I really like both girls and they both get on with me, I'm a bit Confused as to what to do. Has anyone been in the same situation? I've not been in this situation before. Can anyone advise me please? Is it a case of giving things more time?

Thanks for reading my post and for any comments and help.
    Last edited by Mish; 10-12-11 at 03:17 PM.

Look at each girl. List their pros, then their cons. Give numbers to each pro according to how important it is. Real important pros would get a higher number. Rate numbers +1 to +5. Now rate each con for each girl. For a really bad con, give a lower number, like -5. Now add all the positive and negative numbers together. The girl with the highest score you should stay with.

Remember to rate each girl in a category. So if you rate one girl on looks, rate the other on looks. Just as an example. Pick one, because when they do find out you are not exclusive, they will both leave.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Troll? Anyway, in case not, figure out which one would devastate you if they found someone else b/c you hesitated. Thats the one you need to pursue.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh