+ Follow This Topic

Thread: has this happened to you?

has this happened to you?

Hiya,

I have been a total fool!!! I met a guy through my cousin and her man and knew him for about a year. lately we had become friendlier and i thought I liked him and that he was nice. No-one had said anything negative to me about him and so i thought if there was anything odd someone woulda told me. I am a bit oddball myself so I can understand other oddballs.

Anyways. even though nothing much has happened with this man and i haven't really said i want to be his girlfriend, he has gone round telling people I am his girlfriend and even told my cousin we are engaged and asked for her blessing. Now i feel sick as to what else he has said. I am upset with myself for trusting that he was ok and I feel like a total idiot. we live in a smal town and I am sooooo embarassed. Now my cousin called me to tell me about this guy and how he is crazy. I asked why she never mentioned it before when she could see we were spending time together. I am annoyed with myself that I couldn't see it. now i have to tell him to leave me alone and now i have been told that he will probably take it really bad because he is a psycho!!!!

Has anyone esle gone through similar? and how dod u handle it. i am feel so stupid

Heh... haven't been through something exactly like that... but I dated a guy for a year... became real close... married... and a year after we were married, he started acting bizarre and controlling. It wasn't until much later I figured out he was a sociopath...

So yeah... it happens. Would imagine that's how women enter into abusive relationships --- they find out later the guy is off his rocker.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen