+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Parents piss me off

Parents piss me off

Just some venting.

Goddamn it. My mom's all pissed that I slept way in today (it's my day off and I didn't have any priorities). So now that she's thoroughly pissed off cause I slept in, she blames it on the fact that my girlfriend stays over till 1:30 AM (which really isn't that late, and honestly who cares how long I sleep on my day off?) so she's trying to impose a midnight curfew on me. She told me today that when midnight comes around, if my girlfriend hasn't left yet, she'll come downstairs and blatantly say, "It's time for you to go." to her to embarrass me.

So did anyone else have to deal with this shit when they were 21? God I can't wait till I get a chance to move out. This summer I'm leaving for good. Can't stand them anymore. A ****ing curfew at the age of 21? Es[pecially during winter vacation when I don't have any responsibilities and I have off the next day?! Bullshit.

Alexi

I have to tell you that maybe this is your parents trying to tell you that its time to move out. You may even want to ...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

My parents are just offsetting some of their anger towards each other against me. They're splitting up (the sooner, the better off I am). I'm not particularly heartbroken to see either of them go (not being close to either of them) but in the meantime, I'm one of the outlets. Better me than my little sister, but it does tick me off to a certain degree.

Anyways, by the summer I'll be gone. Cause if I haven't moved out by the time summer rolls around, my two friends and I have already decided to move in together. I don't know if I'll like all their partying and drinking that I know they're going to do, but I do know that they are also very responsible, relatively clean, and that I'll be able to get along with them.

Only a few short months away . . .

Alexi

Know what ya mean...

Yawn I'm tired, gnite everyone.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Originally posted by jane
    I have to tell you that maybe this is your parents trying to tell you that its time to move out. You may even want to ...
    haha i love this answer. well your parents feel that they still do have control of you frankly because they do. they feel that if you're going to live under their roof, you live by their rules. if you don't like it you can move out. honestly your mother was young once before and she knows what you're going through. she just forgot what it's like to be young and full of lust. you should remind her in a converstation and maybe she'll open up to your thoughts. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

well you could be me. i can't move out yet. apartments are $900 up nothing included for a 1 bedroom here.

i have me and my daughter. hoping for the deal i might be getting in the summer. a house to rent $500/month.

i'm bummed i can't get housing assistance cause i'm told i make too much. and just because i should be getting child support which i don't really, it puts me even higher.

so anywho, i'm amost 23... i have to tell my parents, where i'm going, who i'm going out with, when i'll be home....plus pay rent, buy my own food...then they get mad if they haven't seen my daughter all day and harrass me on the phone "when are you coming home".
    i can't have any male friends over when they aren't home (i was with the daddy for 2 years and engaged when i got preggo...not on purpose.)

yet at the same time. my bro and sis. 20 and 18. don't pay rent, don't do jack to help around the house, don't buy own food and eat mine, bro has gf basically living with us...sis can bring all these guys over....

it's unjustice i tell you!

i usually just go up in my room and play with my daughter.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    tha'ts true.. apartments are really expensive and with the hassles of going to school and working a job or two, when do you ever have free time? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Apartments definitely are expensive. Hence why I'm going to be splitting a three bedroom house with two others. At 1200 dollars a month split between three people, it's worth it. You also get the kitchen, living room, basement (probably), a yard, and a driveway. Worth it in my eyes.

Alexi

your not kidding! i live in San Diego.. the most expenisve place to live in California...

Apartments here? 1400 a month for a two bedroom! and thats cheap for here.. in Downtown.. SD.. its more like 1800 for a one bedroom
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

San Diego would probably equal NYC in prices. I live in Northern NJ, where the cost of living is not as high as NYC, but certainly it is still high. Imagine living down in Georgia or Alabama! I bet the apartments there are about four to five hundred a month. For a two bedroom. That's why everyone retires down south. Build up assets up north, retire down south where cost of living is low.

Alexi

that they do! i know people in virginia that pay 500 for a 3 bedroom house to rent. my sister's man has a 2 bed apartment for 350 month. and he complains. i say wow. lol.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

I live in farm country(South Central Pennsylvania)....When I first turned 18 I rented a 3 bedroom house for 200 bucks a month!! The water was sulfer, but wasn't that bad. The house wasn't too bad either, had tons of parties!! It wasn't close to any other homes, so I could make as much noise as I wanted without disturbing any neighbors.

I later moved in with my sister to help her get away from her husband and because things got seriously out of control at my rented house, I would wake up in the morning(I rented it myself) and hear the N64 or playstation being played, I went downstairs to find out I had no idea who the people was....LOL. That happened a few times, with them saying anything from "I was told this was the place to come" to "We are just getting here early". Sometimes I even had people waiting in my driveway for me to get home from work. I got out before it had a chance to get any worse than it was already.

Normally apartments go for about 400-800 a month in this area, depending on the distance from the big towns(or little cities). The one I am in now is 450 a month, 1 bedroom and utilities included. The apartment(Half house) My sister and I had was 500 a month, 2 bedroom, without utilities.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Yeah. I'm thinking about moving to Semi-rural PA when I get a job and want to get a house for the cost of living. I took some advice on TV to heart. There's three different radiuses to be from your parents.

1) If you're too close, they visit you every day, every weekend, all the time.

2) If you're too far, they become "overnight" guests and occasionally stay a few days at a time.

So you have to find a happy medium. Far enough away that they don't want to make the trip all the time, close enough that they can go home at night. A delicate distance, but for me, the eastern side of PA will do it. Plus it's cheap too.

Alexi

Originally posted by LightOn
    I live in farm country(South Central Pennsylvania)....When I first turned 18 I rented a 3 bedroom house for 200 bucks a month!! The water was sulfer, but wasn't that bad. The house wasn't too bad either, had tons of parties!! It wasn't close to any other homes, so I could make as much noise as I wanted without disturbing any neighbors.

I
    yeah you do... PA rocks though.,... it so beautiful in the country..

- - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

I live in Sunny FL, cost of living pretty damn good, you guys need to move here, no damn snow, granted its cold today, but its' nice to see the sun 364 days out of the year, and yes it's time to move out! 21 and a curfew, what the hell. Sorry to hear about your parents.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.