+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being unrealistic?

Am I being unrealistic?

Is it okay to want to try to maintain a friendship with guy that things never worked out with. No major drama just plain old bad timing. He was kinda of interested and I took too long etc. I know few guys in this town and I value his male point of view. I would really appreciate being able to talk with him about several of the guys that I have been approached by and get his opinion etc.

Because guys can siff out BS from another man from a mile away and we don't tend to notice it until we've stepped in it.

Growing up I always had more guy friends then girlfriends. This sound strange but I am in a town where I know few people that I would talk with about things such as this and I value his insight. We have had discussions about relationships in the past (qualities, things to do etc) Am I being unrealistic? Should I let it go and not try to be real friends?

I think you can be friends with a guy if there is absolutely no chemistry there between you. Otherwise, it gets complicated.
    Spammer Spanker

Mmm...

If you ONLY want him as a friend, just make sure he knows that.

Also what Giga said is 100% on the ball.

Try not to lead him on or give him false hopes, it could lead to drama.
    Some people walk in the rain so you can't see them cry

Had lots of male friends when I was growing up and even now... so it is certainly possible. Just let them know that you only want to be friends and offer some insight into the female mind in return... as this will make the friendship all the more alluring.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen