+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hint? O rjust randomly talking?

Hint? O rjust randomly talking?

hi,

I'm in my grade 12 year in high school, winter formal and prom's coming up soon and everyone is going around asking for dates.

So one day, two friends and I was talking to each other, and the topic of dates and what to wear came up. One of the friends was someone I had developed some feelings for, not entirely sure though. We talk a lot in person and stuff, but I think she's like that to everyone.

Anyway, they were asking me what tie I had, and I mentioned the colours I had. Once I said red, that girl was like "oh, that'll match with my red dress!". At that moment, we kinda just skipped over that comment and continued talking, but thinking back now,

was she trying to hint to me to ask her to be my date for prom?

I'm wondering because I personally think she likes someone else and waiting for that person to ask her instead.

Would I have a chance to also be with her??

Help please!!

PS. In class/school and stuff whenever I joke about her or something, she always slaps me on the arm or somewhere else. Is this another sign?

ps. today we talked about pooling with her and her sister's bf, and then she was like "ohh i guess i can come too since I wont' be beaten up like outside pool place"

Another hint?

Hmmmmmmm. It really could go either way. Maybe she wants you to ask her, but it kind of sounds like she blurted it out. When I was in high school, I used to blurt out stuff like that all the time that would sound like I wanted to be asked out. Sometimes, it came from a genuine place. And other times, I was just noticing something and saying it without thinking. So maybe, she was just really really excited about her prom dress and wanted everyone to know what color it was. It could go either way. I've slapped guys on the arm that I have liked, and guys that I didn't like at all.

I think you should ask her to prom and see what will happen! It isn't useful to speculate on whether she likes someone else or wants someone else to ask her. Just ask her. If she says yes, great! If not, there will CERTAINLY be another girl who will be proud and happy to have you as a date.

Hope this helps! And good luck!
    Author of the blog: How NOT To Fall In Love

http://www.zabrinah.com

^^^ I agree totally. Remember that you'd be asking her to the formal. If you're asking there is no predetermined answer. I think people forget that a lot. If you ask be prepared for a "yes" or a "no". If she says "no" it won't be the end of the world.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-12-10 at 10:34 PM.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

You have to take chances in order to succeed in life. Missed opportunity leads to regret. What's the worst thing she could say "no"? Big deal.

Most people hate rejection, and young people take it especially personal, so I wouldn't be as dismissive/sarcastic as to say "Big deal". However, as stated, life will go on.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Just ask her - it's not rocket science.