+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Dont Get HER! :(

I Dont Get HER! :(

Ok, so there is a girl I met in January in one of my classes. She is wonderful. Smart, funny, beautiful etc etc. She had a boyfriend at the time.

Because of the BF thing, I had no interest in dating her, so we just became friends. I was fine with that. A month after meeting her, I got her number so we could "hang out sometime" Real casual. She was cool with me getting her number.

Well the weeks went on, we would text on occasion, clarification on homework or whatever. In class, we would always talk and became good friends. Not "close," like we didn't spill our guts out, but good friends. I wanted to remain friends, I didn't want her to think I was trying to get in her pants, so I would ask about her boyfriends, ie if they were doing anything for VDay, stuff like that. She never seemed to want to talk about him. To further the "friend" relationship, I would be sure to say "Hey friend" or "Hey buddy" so she knew. However, I never came out and said "I just want to be friends." I never really thought it was needed, because I never made a move on her. Overall, we were pretty tight, and the whole class pretty much knew we were tight. One girl even told me that from the way this girl treats me, she likes me.

I texted her once asking if she wanted to get lunch. Got no reply. Asked her in person, she said she never got the text, and told me to text her on Tthursday. Once again, no reply. She also hasn't replied to the odd casual FB wall post.

We almost went to a Bucks game, but she had to work that evening. (Her story was elaborte enough that I believe her). I dont think she was "embarrassed" to be seen with me, because she would always greet me wonderfully around campus, and give me a hug a few times in crowded cafeterias.

She graduated in May, (Im still in school) about the same time her boyfriend and her broke up, but told me to give her a call so we could go to a Brewers game sometime. I would love to, but based on past history, I am not sure if I am going to get a reply.

1) Should I call her?

2) Why would a girl be so friendly and nice, and not follow thru like her?

3) We were such good friends, at what point to i give up?!

Maybe she thought you two were getting to close and she was scared? or maybe her boyfriend said to her that he wasnt happy with the two of you and became suspicious? I know they are broken up now but she still might have feelings for him and wont want him to see that he was right along with her feelings for you.

Are you sure she sees you as a friend outside of school?

From the sounds of things you've asked her numerous times to hang out and she's either said no or come up with an excuse.. if I were you, I'd just back off from it.

Ask her this last time and if she bails on you, there's your answer.