+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Secret

The Secret

At the behest of a few here, I finally checked it out. Still have a ton of other reading projects to tackle so it's being put off until nearly the return date...

Also checked out a self-help book on small talk. It'll be funny when this excursion into self-improvement change absolutely nothing in terms of my lack of dates!

Who else has read this book?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

WTF is The Secret?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

lol stop wasting your money and go talk to women. jeez!

You must have learned some social skills as a child?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    WTF is The Secret?
    I'm surprised you hadn't heard: it's the biggest thing in self-help today. Everybody and their cousin has read it.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Good for you.. now just read it and make up your own mind instead of being influenced in the Yay or the Nay.

As for the "How to make small talk"

When my dad died and I was cleaning out the house to ready it for sale, I came across a book on the art of small talk. I can't remember the title because I gave it to the local thrift shop along with much more, but it made me realize what a great conversationalist dad was and that he was a fav amongst the ladies to sit around with, have a dance or just talk away the night with (at his local Legion) (after mom died or course ). He was a true gentleman and he certainly had learned the art of "small talk."

Hope you find both your choices to fun if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I'm surprised you hadn't heard: it's the biggest thing in self-help today. Everybody and their cousin has read it.
    Ah....Self Help genre - no wonder I haven't heard of it. I don't know anyone who reads Self Help
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Everyone reads self-help, even if it is mostly bunk. Then again, most people believe in astrology and creationism.

One of the best books written on the subject is How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

I need a good book on animal magnetism. That or hypnosis.