+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this as ridiculous as I feel?

Is this as ridiculous as I feel?

Is it as absolutly ridiculous as everyone is telling me that I seem to be falling for a girl who already has a child? The father is no longer in the picture, and I really like everything about her, but when I bring it up to anyone thier reaction is always just "she has a baby..end of story" I think I'm really falling for her...am I as nuts as everyone keeps telling me I am??
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

No. You can't help who you like/love, but make sure you're prepared.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

how old are you?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    EEK! He is 19! Benny, you are not crazy for falling for this girl, but you ARE crazy if you pursue her. You are way too young to be playing daddy. Trust me on this: stay away.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

oh yeah.

bad.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    oh yeah.

bad.

Come on guys it's 2006.....at least it is here!

Anyone seen the professor or the Delorian

Regards,

Michael J
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

It depends. If she looks at me as if I'm the dad and I should be supporting her at 19, I'd be tempted to stay away from her. But if she's independent enough to maintain a sustainable lifestyle with her and her child, her child should NOT be a deciding factor if you fall for this girl. If my girlfriend, who is 19, had a child, and was independent enough to be fine on her own without me and she didn't look at me as a krutch to help her along, then like I said, I wouldn't even be bothered that she has a child.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Financial independence is only the tip of the iceberg. 19 year olds are (at least, for the vast majority) NOT prepared to be emotionally responsible for another human being. No offense, they just aren't.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Most importantly, Benny, are you okay with the fact that you will NEVER be #1 with her, and that's as it should be?

I'm going to have to say I've known a couple of special, rare guys who could handle a girlfriend with a kid at 19, but it was really hard for them. It's a whole new kind of dating with a whole new set of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Financial independence is only the tip of the iceberg. 19 year olds are (at least, for the vast majority) NOT prepared to be emotionally responsible for another human being. No offense, they just aren't.
    I absolutely agree. I'm sure everybody thinks they are the exception, but I honestly think if I met my girlfriend and she had a child, and her and I shared an interest in one another, the child wouldn't stop me. Granted, I've got a decent job for only being 20 years old, and I attend college full time. But if being with her is what I wanted, I'd take any challenge that came my way. If that means getting up at 2 am to go to work until noon, then going to college until 8 in the evening, then I'm game.

Thanks, I just don't know..I'm probably not ready to have all that responsibility, but then again neither was she, I guess the only difference is that I have a choice...blah this sucks, I should just go back to working all the time so I never have to worry about any of this lol.
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

Well, you can't help how you feel. However, I do think that if you're aware that you're not ready to be responsible for a child - then you should steer clear. Getting involved with a Mother/Father is difficult, because you will ultimately become a part of the childs life too and that's not something to take lightly. It's okay for you to have these feelings about this girl, but if you think that the situation might be a bit much for you and a little too complicated, then it's probably best that you don't pursue anything, you don't want to upset her, yourself or the child.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennyzilla
    Thanks, I just don't know..I'm probably not ready to have all that responsibility, but then again neither was she, I guess the only difference is that I have a choice...blah this sucks, I should just go back to working all the time so I never have to worry about any of this lol.
    If you do, you will regret it and eventually get sick of her because of the baby. It's not fair to **** with her feelings like that dude.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    If you do, you will regret it and eventually get sick of her because of the baby. It's not fair to **** with her feelings like that dude.
    Nevermind HER; it's the kid I would worry about.

I dated a girl with a child when I was 20 I believe. However, her parents had custody of the child and it wasn't a major factor. If it were, I would have kept my distance. It's just too much to put on your shoulders at that age when it's not yours.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis